Javelin Trackdays

Strictly for tarmac whores
StiflerMR2

Javelin Trackdays

Post by StiflerMR2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:37 am

Hey all,

Thinking about doing a Javelin trackday at Croft on the 17th,but I've never done a TD with them.

Has anybody been on a trackday with them running it? Good, bad, indifferent?

TIA :thumbsup

Shug

Re: Javelin Trackdays

Post by Shug » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 am

A very very very long time ago, they got use of East Fortune for a day that a few of us went on. Seemed friendly and well-run enough, decent etiquette. Were hamstrung a little by the noise regs being a case of "the farmer in that house has complained about these cars, so they can't continue" - but that was outwith their control.

No idea how that translates to now - got the impression they were fairly new at it back then.
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

BigD

Post by BigD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:22 am

Did their donington trackday about a year or so ago. Didn't enjoy it as they had hire caterhams on track that were driven very aggressively (one passed me down Craner curves where I would have been had I not seen him) and by different drivers. And some race cars too. Just didn't enjoy it.

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks D,

My concern is that they have a lot of race cars (or at least seem to) who just use it as test sessions, as such etiquette can suffer. At least, that is what I have heard that from various other people, wanted to check to see if it tallys with anyone's experience on here.

Would really like to get on track this month and TD's at Croft are primarily run by Javelin, with the other being LoT in July so pickings are slim.

TarmacTerrorist

Post by TarmacTerrorist » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 pm

I did a Croft day with them two weeks ago, think it was my first day with javelin, cant remember now.

There were quite a few race cars present (all club stuff) and the first hour or so on track was very busy with 10+ cars queuing to get out in the pit lane and a few ego's on track itself.

However, as the day went on the track got much less busy and by mid afternoon there was no queuing to get out and quite a few of the cars had already packed up and gone home.

By 4'oclock I'd done best part of 3hrs of track driving and went home myself, the track was quite empty at that point and conditions were good.

I'd book another one with them but perhaps look at being a late arriver with the aim to still be driving when they drop the flag at the end of the day...
If you need to go even faster, just imagine you are me.

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm

IIRC on the Spazz trip we did in 2014 the days at Snetterton and Cadwell Park on the way back were Javelin.
Similar to previous posts quite a few race cars (Atom cup guys at Cadwell), pretty busy early on but generally OK. Not LoT but not bad and would use them again.
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Yep, they were both Javelin, £69 and £149.

tut

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback chaps :thumbsup

BigD

Javelin Trackdays

Post by BigD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 pm

One of the things that annoyed me was the race cars testing. They'd come out, go really slow then really quick then really slow again and it just disrupted the flow for me. Pretty annoying. Possibly made worse as the track was wet too.

I won't do another javelin day.

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 pm

It wasn't a problem for me in the 211 but I can see that would be more of an issue for the slightly more average paced Elise (no offence BigD).
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

BigD

Javelin Trackdays

Post by BigD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 pm

Show off. :)

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:19 am

alicrozier wrote:IIRC on the Spazz trip we did in 2014 the days at Snetterton and Cadwell Park on the way back were Javelin.
Similar to previous posts quite a few race cars (Atom cup guys at Cadwell), pretty busy early on but generally OK. Not LoT but not bad and would use them again.
Yup a fair few egos on the Snett evening session which caused issues for some of the less powerful cars - people not moving over etc.

Gav ideas about arriving late sounds like a plan if you want to do it though - seems a great strategy of late
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:19 am

alicrozier wrote:IIRC on the Spazz trip we did in 2014 the days at Snetterton and Cadwell Park on the way back were Javelin.
Yup a fair few egos on the Snett evening session which caused issues for some of the less powerful cars - people not moving over etc.

Gav ideas about arriving late sounds like a plan if you want to do it though - seems a great strategy of late
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

a4drk

Post by a4drk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:02 pm

I agree with Donald
I nearly got taken out at Craners - a race MR2 took me on the apex !!
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

KennyT

Post by KennyT » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:02 am

I had no problem with Javelin at Croft, few race cars but the circuit is long enough with plenty visibility and straits to pass and be passed if needed.
Like others have said the end of the day is always quieter and it's only a track day, you don't need to always be going forward, a couple of slower laps in the middle of a session will usually drop you in to a gap.
Exige-S
'84 911 Carrera 3.2
E46 M3