Rev Limits - Knockhill Track Night 2 -

Strictly for tarmac whores
mwmackenzie

Re: Rev Limits - Knockhill Track Night 2 -

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:43 am

Yeah, another great night, some nice cars to drool over and great company although I didn't see much of anyone as I was out on track for the majority of the session, testament to the little shed and how well sorted she is that's like 3 track days and 2 Walshy days taking an utter pounding with no mechanical issues at all. Good to see some of the SE crew up for a nosey too! Sorry I didn't stop and chat long was too busy having fun :thumbsup Thanks to Stu for the lend of his compressor, I always thought the S2 should be on say 24/26psi after about 15 mins I dropped the pressures down there and it felt a bit meh compared to before so Stu helped me sort this with a lend of his compressor and cigarette lighter as my socket seems to not work :oops: seems the car is much happier up at 30/32psi on AD07/08... Also took a second off my lap time :thumbsup
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Same here, never managed much chat as had to shoot sharpish after track closed.. I too improved my lap times but finding time is getting harder almost into the 61's last night but not quite :-( I think my next event might be some one to one instruction. Enjoyed a good wee push with Mark on my tail towards then end, you were going well and and made me up my commitment a bit when I wasn't shaking you with my power advantage. Great show from the Lotus contingent... great night.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:09 pm

rawsco wrote:Same here, never managed much chat as had to shoot sharpish after track closed.. I too improved my lap times but finding time is getting harder almost into the 61's last night but not quite :-( I think my next event might be some one to one instruction. Enjoyed a good wee push with Mark on my tail towards then end, you were going well and and made me up my commitment a bit when I wasn't shaking you with my power advantage. Great show from the Lotus contingent... great night.
Was great fun mate, yeah you had me on all the straight bits but I wasn't far away by MacIntyres, likewise keeping up made me push that little bit extra, really enjoyed the night :thumbsup I also fancy some one to one Knockhill tuition to see where I can improve a bit... I was consistent 1:06 very almost 1:05, a tenth off. Andy said he'd take my car round next time so that I can see what it is actually capable of lol :lol: I'll not be trying to match his times! That said my tyres are on the wear bands now so new ones might get me into 1:05 territory , I'd love to see a 1:04 or 03 out of my car.... I had a great time anyway and that's the main thing, it's not a race not that there was much there I could catch in my lowly S2 Elise, I'm utterly hooked and looking to see what's on in September as Andy's day in October seems so far away lol....
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

renmure

Post by renmure » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:29 pm

This spectator enjoyed it as well :)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Wanted: Train.

Simon82

Post by Simon82 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Had a great night too, second time out on track in the 2-11 (yellow one). Still getting used to the car but loving it so far. Didn't take any times but wasn't getting overtaken by much so that's good enough for me! :lol:
2014 Audi RS4 Avant
2019 Porsche 718 GT4
2018 VW Transporter T6 (bike shed :) )

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Good to see everyone as always although had an absolute shocker trying to get to Knockhill on time. What has happened to the Edinburgh bypass? It took me 2 1/2 hours . (45 mins in the way home)

Anyway another good night until I realised how close I was to running out of rear brake pads's. Always entertaining having such a wide variety of cars and seeing the differences.

3x211 must be a record for Knockhill surely?

Great etiquette , people improving and learning their cars and everyone having fun. More of that please
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Andy G wrote:
3x211 must be a record for Knockhill surely?
Nope, been done a few times.
"Here for a good time not a long time"