June Trip! Croft, Hethel, Spa, Zolder

Strictly for tarmac whores
Stu160

Re: June Trip! Croft, Hethel, Spa, Zolder

Post by Stu160 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:18 am

What a trip, lots of miles, 3300 to be exact, with no required brake pad changes....however, I did need to fit new front discs, due to cracking, at Spa, so had to use new pads as well. My new type pads are working very well.

Stelvio was epic, my first time, and also Col du Tourini, I had the way up all to myself....wow. Furka was too busy, and to be honest, not one to attack anyway with the same degree as Stelvio.

Spa was fantastic as always, 260 miles and 5 tanks of fuel, and really likes Zolder in the V6, it worked very well, and no noise issues, close the valve, and 5th for the noise meters, which , to be honest was almost required anyway.

Next trip.....Zandvoort and Zolder in September.....can't wait.

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Didn't quite do the same road miles as Stu, but Croft and Zandvoort were great and Spa was epic. A great time with great folk and so Impressed with how the cup performed. These trips are always brilliant.

Frolic can't come soon enough now ( 7 weeks :D )

BigD

Post by BigD » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Kinger wrote: Frolic can't come soon enough now ( 7 weeks :D )
Tell me about it. Doing only Croft was really, really frustrating. :lol:

BigD

Post by BigD » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Stu160 wrote:What a trip, lots of miles, 3300 to be exact, with no required brake pad changes
That's Awesome Stu. I was beginning to think my brakes weren't working as after over 3,000 miles including a wet Spa, dry Nurburgring, Knockhill and Croft my pads are still only 2/3rds worn. Still on the original pads. The original Pirelli rears are pretty much on the wear limits too so not as if they've not been worked (They didn't do Croft).

Was playing with the modes at Croft too and race mode is quicker I reckon than all off, although all off is more fun. You could feel the brakes working as a diff at the hairpin which was far better than me doing it with lots of inside wheel spin and tyre smoke. :lol: