Post by ed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Good to see you too Dom, thanks again for the loan of the scan gauge! :thumbsup

Have a great trip!
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

Andy G

Re: Zandvoort and Zolder double header

Post by Andy G » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Gents

211 is a runner. Shipping it across and flying out Sunday with Baz. So we should see you at the hotel Sunday night.

Dropping the cars back at Ijmuden on Tuesday post Zolder and flying back, so will be interesting to try not actually losing a few days on the ferry! Cost wise not much in it, and grief wise from Mrs G, being away for 3 days vs 5 was a no brainer!

Should also hopefully mean I'm not monumentally hungover either side of the crossing for a change also!! Last time at Zandy we'd had a marathon crossing , arrived at 10am to discover Washys mechanic hadn't refitted the heat shield to the mule and could only do 5 laps stints such was the heat!!

Hoping I actually enjoy it this time !!
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

pete039

Post by pete039 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Just had a look at the weather forecast for zandy and zolder ,looks like it's going to be a wet two days
at present. Better look out the waterproofs . :D

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm going to be at CMC from mid morning Sat for tyres and light spannering. Plan to head off to Newcastle around lunchtime ish. What's your plans Stu and David?
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Will see you there between 12 and 1

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

BigD

Post by BigD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Have a great trip.

a4drk

Post by a4drk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm

11.45am I'll be at Craigs
Cheers
David
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:46 pm

BigD wrote:Have a great trip.
Cheers Donald, pity you are not going.
See you at Craig's David.

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi Guy's

Hope you have a brilliant trip, absolutely love Zandvoort. Only ever been there in the sunshine, would love to try it in the wet.

Take care and have fun.

Cheers

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 am

Stu160 wrote:Will see you there between 12 and 1

Stu
Heh, 12 would be good Stu as that's when he closes!
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Well that was epic fun gents!

Top tracks, mates, new friends made, old friends caught up with, and amazingly the little 211 survived it all.

As some of you may know we tried transporting the cars for this trip - I can report I will definitely be doing this again, and improving, but it saved me 2 days off the trip total and got rid of the dull miles.

Zandervoort, a sublime old F1 track, for those not aware, and beautifully situated just off the beach, was a different place from the last time i visited. Instead of the fog of that pre-frolic post crossing hangover, rain and gale force winds greeted us. They simply proved what a stunning Lotus track this is, with sublime complexities turn after turn, pushing the driver harder and harder to unlock their own and the cars capabilities.

Went out in Gavs stunning Evora GTE, the conditions even making my old racing buddy spin with me onboard, something he didnt do enough when we raced together.

Great day.

The drive to Zolder was damp but quite pleasant - Team 211 battered on, outside lane sweeping at its best.

Circuit Zolder was slid as hell early on, so i adopted the a previous frolic tactic the Ape and I enjoyed of going flat out from the start. Worked well. Not sure i saw anyone for 5 laps till i started catching stragglers!

Usual Zolder annoyance due to the councils restrictions no noise, so standard 211 exhaust now on order after a stint with Stu had me flogging it to keep the Exige at bay down the straights. I was retired by lunch, and then the V6s started getting warnings to - worked out well as gave us loads of time to get back to Amsterdam.

Magic fun monkeying about with Ali, Stu and Baz, who despite not always quite finding the optimal line was doing a fantastic job of saving his excursions from it! Video to show from that and Ali/Stu chasing.

Now to get back to sorting the 211, so its even more sorted for the next trip!

Novembers Dony & Cadwell should be a great laugh.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

TarmacTerrorist

Post by TarmacTerrorist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 pm

I can only echo Andy's post above, a brilliant couple of days both on the track and the evenings socials. Wet and wild at Zandvoort, it certainly didn't stop us from getting out and having incredible fun though, even the guy in the tvr tuscan was out giving it some beans, he was brave! I can now say I've driven the track under an inch of water (literally), Dave must of thought I was barking mad after strapping himself in. As we were heading out everyone else was coming in, even the pitlane marshalls abandoned their post it was coming down that heavy!! Lovely sunshine at Zolder though, made a really nice end to the summer for me that did. Forgot how fast and flowing it is in the dry. I somehow managed to stay under the noise radar for the best part and played all day til it was time to go home, I was having to lift off completely for the first noise trap though...

Safe and sound back at home now, thank you all for a brilliant trip, see you again very soon.

Gav
If you need to go even faster, just imagine you are me.

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Same, another fantastic trip, I don't think anyone has had experience of Zandvoort in the wet, as it's always sunny, but what a surprise, it was great. I done two full tank stints of 70plus miles each, and on my third attempt at the same, I had to come in, as the track turned into a river, and it was a challenge to keep the car under control, even on the straights.
Had a great day at Zolder, from slippy in the morning to grippy in the afternoon, the V6 didn't disappoint, it was epic.
The tracks were of course equalled by the company, great banter and food was had by all.

Roll on the next one.

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 am

Yep, great trip lads! Some great early dry laps at Zandvoort then even more fun as the rain came. ZZR tyres worked well in the wet until it got too deep but then nicked Baz V6 for a few laps, awesome!

ZZR not so great on a slimy Zolder as Andy G scampered off. Big moments everywhere and it probably wouldn't have ended well! Much better as it dried out and Zolder is a fantastic technical challenge. Properly fast and flowing, particularly the first complex.

Pretty good runs between the circuits and even dry (although very cold) from Hull up as far as Perth. The last bit home not so much....it doesn't take too much rain into the 2-11 before you're #Bawsdeep lol

a4drk

Post by a4drk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:24 am

I thought the ZZR's were really good in the rain - must be something to be with the weight difference- 875kg/725kg
16st/12st ......[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][CHEQUERED FLAG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)