Leven track day at Knockhill Thursday 18th April

Strictly for tarmac whores
alicrozier

Re: Leven track day at Knockhill Thursday 18th April

Post by alicrozier » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:54 am

On an old S1 I had the battery light come on at the hairpin, pulled in immediately and as I stoppped in the pit garage heard a clank, clank which was the pullley falling off...
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Evoman

Post by Evoman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 am

alicrozier wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:54 am
On an old S1 I had the battery light come on at the hairpin, pulled in immediately and as I stopped in the pit garage heard a clank, clank which was the pullley falling off...
I do find it odd how this can happen if the bolt is torqued up correctly in the first place. The guys at Dreadnought have raced K series for years and never come across this problem but it seems in the Lotus world it does / has happened all too often. Perhaps the proper locking tool for the flywheel not being used to allow that massive torque to be set correctly?

Anyway apologies taking this thread off topic, let's get back on track :lol:

scott.a

Post by scott.a » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 am

Evoman wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 pm
ed wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Well that was a fantastic evening. Big thanks to Leven Car Company for an excellent event.

Great to see every one. Sorry to see the AA van attending to Rich’s car. Nice to meet you, hope you didn’t have to wait too long.

Some serious metal in attendance. These nights are going to be a more regular event, looking forward to the next one! :drive :thumbsup
Good to meet you Ed and thanks for the water, turned out I needed it as the recovery didn't arrive until 10.45pm...!

Anyway, brilliant track day as others have said some serious machinery on track which was great to see. My plan was to watch more of those incredible cars on track, do more laps myself and chat to folks however my attention was diverted by a battery light staying on so headed to the paddocks and didn't sound right and a mate reckoned the crankshaft pulley was wobbling... a little digging around we discovered the alternator belt off in one piece with a slight nick in it.

So car recovered to the good folks at Dreadnought. They found the crankshaft pulley about to fall off, the bolt was hand tight. How does a bolt go from 205Nm to hand tight? Perplexing but worrying. However, stopped at the right time, now the new belts are fitted and crankshaft pulley and car back again - super quick service!

Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket! That was super lucky in my book
:shock: Lucky escape. Saw pictures of the car on the dreadnought Facebook page. I parked up in the paddock next to yours. Car looked great. Pity it stopped running as it would have been interesting to see the speed differential between our cars.

Evoman

Post by Evoman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 pm

scott.a wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 am
Evoman wrote:
ed wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Well that was a fantastic evening. Big thanks to Leven Car Company for an excellent event.

Great to see every one. Sorry to see the AA van attending to Rich’s car. Nice to meet you, hope you didn’t have to wait too long.

Some serious metal in attendance. These nights are going to be a more regular event, looking forward to the next one! :drive :thumbsup
Good to meet you Ed and thanks for the water, turned out I needed it as the recovery didn't arrive until 10.45pm...!

Anyway, brilliant track day as others have said some serious machinery on track which was great to see. My plan was to watch more of those incredible cars on track, do more laps myself and chat to folks however my attention was diverted by a battery light staying on so headed to the paddocks and didn't sound right and a mate reckoned the crankshaft pulley was wobbling... a little digging around we discovered the alternator belt off in one piece with a slight nick in it.

So car recovered to the good folks at Dreadnought. They found the crankshaft pulley about to fall off, the bolt was hand tight. How does a bolt go from 205Nm to hand tight? Perplexing but worrying. However, stopped at the right time, now the new belts are fitted and crankshaft pulley and car back again - super quick service!

:shock: Lucky escape. Saw pictures of the car on the dreadnought Facebook page. I parked up in the paddock next to yours. Car looked great. Pity it stopped running as it would have been interesting to see the speed differential between our cars.

Ah you must have driven off before I saw your Elise next to mine. That has a slightly menacing look to it, a little tweaked is it?

scott.a

Post by scott.a » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:00 am

Evoman wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 pm
scott.a wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 am
Evoman wrote:

Ah you must have driven off before I saw your Elise next to mine. That has a slightly menacing look to it, a little tweaked is it?
Mildly tweaked. Nitron Dampers and springs, PTP140 kit - so a set of uprated Cams and the bigger throttle body, Decat,Janspeed, Pipercorss induction with a cold feed on the passenger vent. CL pads, Braided hoses, Race fluid, AD08R rubber. Carbon fibre front splitter, Rear diffuser. OMP Wheel, Quickshift gear kit, Eliseparts Throttle pedal upgrade.Pro alloy Rad.