SIDC Knockhill 22nd October

Strictly for tarmac whores
mac

Post by mac » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:32 pm

Red Ferrari - left hooker.

It has a number but heh that's for saddo's like shug to come along and furnish you with :-)

Mac

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:52 pm

How come i've not seen or heard of him in the Elise world or at KH, i'd have thought i'd have bumped into him by now?? :?

Oh no, if he's got a Ferrari maybe he's not the driver i thought he was. :cry: Not seen a decent driven Ferrari at Kh yet!! Passed every one i've met on track!!!!! Prob just not been on track with him though.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:54 pm

Jonathan sold his Elise & his 993 to buy the LHD 348 :D

He was at the last SIDC in his 7 - sort of a metallic green colour - he wears a white lid with a St. George's cross on it (he's English funnily enough :roll: )

Decent bloke indeed - you'll find him occasionally over on Scottish Sevens :wink:
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

simon
Site Admin

Post by simon » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:23 pm

I'm now booked for the full day :D

Dogbreath

Post by Dogbreath » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Fit like,
I've been checking the site out as I really fancy a track day, I take it this track day is open to cars other than just Scoobys and Elises?
I've got a Vx220.
Does someone limit the amount of cars on the track?
I think a free for all could prove expensive...
Dogbreath

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:24 pm

Dogbreath wrote:Fit like,
I've been checking the site out as I really fancy a track day, I take it this track day is open to cars other than just Scoobys and Elises?
I've got a Vx220.
Does someone limit the amount of cars on the track?
I think a free for all could prove expensive...
Dogbreath
Yup, any car, they just happen to be mostly Scoobys and Loti. :)

There is a limit to the total amount of places and Knockhill will limit the number of cars on track at any one time (you might have to briefly queue in the pitlane if the track is full).

Cheers,
Ali
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:17 am

And Caterhams too :wink:

Some of us are meeting at BP Bullionfield/Invergowrie 7am...

:lol:
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:25 am

Lazydonkey wrote:jke11y - Knockhill do an hour session with an insrtructor for £90 and if you are wanting to get into a trackday its a really good start !

You'll probably be sharing the circuit with 5 cars tops, and all of them will be on Knockhill experience types days so there is little chance of you holding up anyway......you also get to blast past a Ferrari 355 if you are lucky and that cna't happen every day.

I did that before any trackdays and its a great way to get your confidence up and learn the lines. You'll also get an instructor "playing" in your car for 2 laps which gives you an insight into how good the cars are. I cr*pped myself :oops: :P
Thats the first time Ive heard of this, sounds like and excellent idea...
Anyone else done one of these days? How do they compare to a walshy track training day?
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:40 pm

John Reid wrote:
Lazydonkey wrote:jke11y - Knockhill do an hour session with an insrtructor for £90 and if you are wanting to get into a trackday its a really good start !

You'll probably be sharing the circuit with 5 cars tops, and all of them will be on Knockhill experience types days so there is little chance of you holding up anyway......you also get to blast past a Ferrari 355 if you are lucky and that cna't happen every day.

I did that before any trackdays and its a great way to get your confidence up and learn the lines. You'll also get an instructor "playing" in your car for 2 laps which gives you an insight into how good the cars are. I cr*pped myself :oops: :P
Thats the first time Ive heard of this, sounds like and excellent idea...
Anyone else done one of these days? How do they compare to a walshy track training day?
I've not done one but I'd say it's worthwile for a novice in that it will acclimatise you to driving on the circuit without the traffic of a trackday. You'll get to drive the lines at your own pace, build up slowly, overtake etc. and build up your confidence without having to pull over all the time to let people past . Also worthwhile getting as many pax laps as possible but it's not the same as driving...

Walshy on the other hand teaches car control which is applicable anywhere. Much more valuable IMHO and I did a Walshy day before venturing on track. It lets you understand what the car is telling you on the limits and gives the tools to sort it out should you get out of shape...
First time on track was still a bit hairy though! :)

Cheers,
Ali
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Dogbreath

Post by Dogbreath » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:59 pm

Ok, Caterhams and Loti.
I have booked the morning only session as I think that's long enough for an old Fart like myself in a bog standard Vx220 who's never done a track day before.
See you there.
Dogbreath

GregR

Post by GregR » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:52 pm

on the helmet front...

I have a MX lid - will that do for the KH boys or does it have to be something with higher levels of protection?

Cheers,

Greg

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:34 pm

Never had mine checked or ever heard of them checking. So long as it looks like a helmet you'll be fine... :)

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:42 pm

Any old road-legal bike lid should suffice... :wink:
Ross
---------
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:45 pm

GregR wrote:on the helmet front...

I have a MX lid - will that do for the KH boys or does it have to be something with higher levels of protection?

Cheers,

Greg
i've used a motocross helmet before ( without the goggles before anyone asks :lol: ) and they let me on no probs.

Just looks a bit weird :?

The_Rossatron

Post by The_Rossatron » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:36 pm

Question if you dont have the following:

Insurance
Helmet
Guts
Any idea how to drive fast

Can you still pop along and annoy people for passenger laps?