Knockhill, Saturday 21st March 9-1

Strictly for tarmac whores
Jam_s160

Re: Knockhill, Saturday 21st March 9-1

Post by Jam_s160 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:06 pm

ruadh08 wrote:Guys, I don't think I am going to be able to make it on the 21st. Does anybody want to buy my place?
I’d take your slot if it’s going ahead as I can now attend. I’ve emailed John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi guys, what’s everyone doing ?
I’m in two minds, I would have been happier if the briefing was held in the open air as per most of the LOT days. I’ll sort my track insurance and leave my decision to nearer the time. :roll: :cry:

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 pm

I’m still planning on going although working from home from today.
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 pm

I just signed on and going . Took Paul G place advertised. Hoping my 1st annual return to the track is a quiet one.

a4drk

Post by a4drk » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:58 pm

ruadh08 wrote:Guys, I don't think I am going to be able to make it on the 21st. Does anybody want to buy my place?
Fergus is looking for a place

Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am

I am surprised that any of you are thinking of going after the government has advised us (as a nation) to avoid any unnecessary travel and social contact to help slow down the spread of Coronavirus. :shock:

People are dying here and lots of small businesses are going to suffer and the government are asking us to do what we can to try and limit the damage. It was estimated that 250,000 people could die if we do not act. :shock:

From 1:22

#protectkinger :thumbsup

Watch on YouTube

Steve.

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 am

Hi Steve, fully respect your view, there are many views with each nation taking their own unique approach. Just catching up with my brother & his wife, both medical research scientists. Used to be in Aberdeen at the hospital /uni setup, now down in south medical researching new for commercial organisations. I asked his / their view on covid-19 and how uk is handling it. Although they are not supportive of current uk government... In summary they felt the current approach is the right one from a scientific perspective, to stagger the slow close down, not bring economy / support systems to immediate crashing halt, its a numbers game and the government will have a set of numbers (guided by various scientific organisations) before they go to complete close down vs. what the capacity of the nhs / various support services can handle, its not about having a sharp stop, more a staggered slow down. For the healthy it maybe better to get the virus sooner than later, to allow them to recover and get back to normality faster. In turn bringing businesses & need services back online. But then protect / delay to weaker of society so those who got ill get the support from those who are healthy. Ultimately minimising the total shut down to as short as possible... while maximising the system to support.

Yes stopping everything is a strategy, but so to is a staggered slow down which is what the government is deploying. Hence the recommendation for businesses & events to stop, BUT not forced to by law (which in turn is stopping companies & businesses claim on there insurance currently). Which then means companies have to eek out working / running events to pay wages. If the government had wanted to stop everything fully they would have done that, but they haven’t and that’s the big difference. It’s a guideline only for now until they hit numbers.

Interesting times for sure. This is just one view of many & take it as that only. For me I’m carrying on as normal, heading caution in social situations & will keep my mental health in good order. I see the track day as very none physical contact (other than briefing & canteen moments). While helping local businesses run in troubled times.

Last edited by Jam_s160 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 am

Emotional subject but if they could do the briefing in a big room and spread people out for eating then I say crack on.

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:58 am

Agree it is... everyone is naturally worried and balancing what to do. An open air briefing in pit lane / car park or staggered briefing, then carry out canteen only (none sit in) would be a helpful / alternative solution.

I might add I won’t be doing passenger rides either as a personal precaution.

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 am

C7Steve wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am
I am surprised that any of you are thinking of going after the government has advised us (as a nation) to avoid any unnecessary travel and social contact to help slow down the spread of Coronavirus. :shock:

People are dying here and lots of small businesses are going to suffer and the government are asking us to do what we can to try and limit the damage. It was estimated that 250,000 people could die if we do not act. :shock:

From 1:22

#protectkinger :thumbsup

Watch on YouTube

Steve.
110% agree Steve
There will be plenty of track days when this is over
Info I've had from commercial insurers is that this situation isn't covered by business interruption as this is a new unlisted disease. Fully understand the challenges facing business but we have to be sensible here. Prevention now albeit with a major change to the lives we all lead is better than taking unnecessary risks. Not just the well bodied but the elderly and those with underlying health conditions. My Father passed away last year after a short battle with lung cancer then 6 weeks later my Father in Law was diagnosed with the same. He was "lucky" and had part of his lung removed and only just been given the all clear but clearly "at risk" now. By not following Government advice how can we ensure we're not putting others at risk. And yes #protectkinger tell him at Anglesey/Oulkton/Cadwell the bar is still closed🤣
Take care, keep well and wash your hands👍
Cheers
Clark

UncleRon

Post by UncleRon » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:57 pm

I also agree Steve

It seems to me that the Governments clear advice is to avoid large social gatherings in order to minimise interactions and reduce the total numbers of people with Coronavirus at any one time to a level that the NHS have got the resources in place to give everyone that needs it all the attention they need and who can argue with that target?

I don't see how this event is just not ignoring this advice and as Clarkie said there will be plenty of trackdays when all this is all over......

a4drk

Post by a4drk » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

I take it youve all got the email ?

Briefing will be by online video!
and immdenity forms via email
Kinnairds will be shut & there will be a burger van
Two negatives make a positive but only in Scotland do two positives make a negative - 'Aye right.'

S2 Exige
BMW 435d M Sport - 375bhp..... and stops now (big brakes!😁)
Work Horse - Ford Transit - Full of crap spec....... 170bhp one :-)

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Seems a good compromise of practical and sensible measures whilst allowing businesses to operate and hence the possibility of trackdays in the future.
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Baz is looking to sell his spot if anyone fancies it?
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 pm

alicrozier wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Seems a good compromise of practical and sensible measures whilst allowing businesses to operate and hence the possibility of trackdays in the future.
:thumbsup

Steve