Super lap Scotland

Strictly for tarmac whores
scott.a

Super lap Scotland

Post by scott.a » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:26 am

I was speaking to Stuart Gray at Knockhill when I was up doing a track day last week. He’s interested in trying to get more Lotus cars involved in Super Lap Scotland. We discussed this a bit further and he said if we had enough interest he could create a lotus category in the championship. Off the back of that I said I would post on the Elise/Lotus forums & Groups to see if there was interest from the members. I would be in if there was a few of us interested.

Standard road cars are permitted and classes are based on power to weight so other lotus cars could be included.

Full details are on the website - http://www.superlapscotland.co.uk

Thoughts?

Ferg

Re: Super lap Scotland

Post by Ferg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 am

If you are looking at properly at this I think everyone would be interested in what you discover around how much is 'really' involved in doing this in an unmodified production car. It's never going to be completely void of prep, and as a motorsport it's going to have regulations, including many safety ones that may or may not require modification to the car. As simple as it sounds, I'm not clear on exactly how simple. But it would be interesting to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Really is a very low bar to entry. You need race number stickers, transponder (may be zip-tied on), obvious protective clothing for driver, tires to regulation (check the small print, but unless running slicks on a roadcar, should be ok!) and that's about it. Safety cage not needed; can enter with normal seatbelt, I believe, but harness would be a good idea.
"Bug" 2015 Elise 220 Cup, Toxic Green (2bular)
2009 Audi S3 (Milltek, MTM, VW Racing), Velvet Purple
Previously: 2004 Elise 111S, Aubergine Purple

TrackScotland

Post by TrackScotland » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 am

As above - If you enter with a 'road car' thats exactly what you can use :)

Driver safety is the only area - suit, helmet, gloves etc

Classes are designed to try and keep it competitive. i,e If you have a standard K series Elise you arent expected to compete with 500bhp Evos and the like.

fd

Post by fd » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:19 pm

MUK tyre regs suggest it may not be as simple as you suggest (as usual with MUK).

https://www.motorsportuk.org/wp-content ... resl-1.pdf

Are cars in the road car class allowed to compete with tyres outside of list 1A ?

TrackScotland

Post by TrackScotland » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:47 am

from SLS website
Tyres

Tyres - All cars can use the MotorsportUK List 1A,1B or 1C tyres, however Road Class Cars can only choose tyres from List 1A and 1B as these tyres are road legal. These can be referenced in the MotorsportUK blue book. Pro Class can run on slick tyres

Scottish Scrutineer

Post by Scottish Scrutineer » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:58 pm

It really is as mentioned above a very easy route into Motorsport with an “unmodified” car. SLS has had a few Elises over the years, and if you’re doing track days already, there’s probably not much extra prep required beyond numbers, transponder and decals.
Drivers equipment are a MotorsportUK standard helmet, fireproof overalls and gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Renny Thomson
MSA Scrutineer
Elise S2 (2002)