SIDC at Knockhill - Friday evening 13th May 6pm to 8pm

Strictly for tarmac whores
JohnStewart

Re: SIDC at Knockhill - Friday evening 13th May 6pm to 8pm

Post by JohnStewart » Sat May 14, 2022 11:34 am

Thanks all,

what a great night it was, despite the best efforts of the weather for the first hour to put a dampener on things. It was great to see so many smiling faces in the pit lane area, people chatting etc. as it used to be in pre-pandemic times :)

Fantastic driver behaviour on track, and there was only one brief red flag when two cars spun off at McIntyres in quick succession, so Knockhill sent out the recovery truck to check for fluids, but thankfull there wasn't any.

Andy Forrest in the mental black Westfield asked me to pass on his thanks to all the Subaru, Lotus and Caterham drivers for their superb driving and awareness on track.

Some photos from the night here: https://www.flatoutphotography.com/gall ... 22/SIDCMay

Also on FB for those who want to tag each otehr and comment on the photos etc.: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 511&type=3

See you all again in October if not before :)

Clarkie

Post by Clarkie » Mon May 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Great night John, thanks for organising
34 cars booked on but pretty quiet at times. Light rain now and again but dried quickly
Good to catch up with SE regulars
Go-pro mysterrioulsy cut out so missed Steve's spin at the hairpin. Extra rotation allegedly caused by Kinnairds macaroni....................... :)
Westfield was nuts fast, sparks, flames, the works, lovechild of the batmobile!!

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Clarkie wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Go-pro mysterrioulsy cut out so missed Steve's spin at the hairpin. Extra rotation allegedly caused by Kinnairds macaroni....................... :)
The cheesy macaroni ended up all over Kinnaird's toilet floor after driving the first session. I felt a little sick, so came back into the pits after a few laps following Ali C. I thought it was only sitting in the passenger seat, that sometimes made you feel sick, not when you're actually driving.:roll:

The 180degree spin at the hairpin was just lack of talent. :lol:

I will upload my GoPro footage when I get a chance.

Steve.

rawsco

Post by rawsco » Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Clarkie wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Go-pro mysterrioulsy cut out so missed Steve's spin at the hairpin.
He’s got a Jammer that kicks in, controller is attached to the arse clench muscle.
Rawsco
2021 - Tesla M3LR
2019 - Exige 410

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed May 25, 2022 10:52 am

C7Steve wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 pm

The cheesy macaroni ended up all over Kinnaird's toilet floor after driving the first session. I felt a little sick, so came back into the pits after a few laps following Ali C.
Steve.
First error - eating at KH :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny

Thankfully not with your crash helmet still on mate :thumbsup
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed May 25, 2022 2:27 pm

Andy G wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:52 am

First error - eating at KH :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny

Thankfully not with your crash helmet still on mate :thumbsup
It was a good job that Kinger wasn't sitting beside me, as he would have closed my visor shut. :lol:

During the following sessions, I could still taste and smell the sickness and it wasn't until the following morning when I went to put my trousers into the washing machine that I realised why I was still smelling the sickness, even though I had washed them and my trainers in Kinnairds toilet. :puke

Steve.