Frolic 24 - who's coming? Aug 11-18

Strictly for tarmac whores
Andy G

Re: Frolic 24 - who's coming? Aug 11-18

Post by Andy G » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:46 pm

Ferg wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:01 am

I'm going to need some help as a Frolic noob. My tag for the tolls arrived today so that's a start. I need to workout my itinerary so I can get crossings booked. Time to make the call on Le Mans or not. Would love to but I think it might be a bit too much time away.
Anything you need mate shout - Le Mans worth doing and in all fairness really just means leaving a day earlier - a bit of a jaunt from Le Mans to Dijon on the Sunday but shout if there's any questions?
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:08 am

Ferg,

Bring a book for Le Mans and Dijon main straights. :damnfunny

Steve.

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am

C7Steve wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:08 am
Ferg,

Bring a book for Le Mans and Dijon main straights. :damnfunny

Steve.
Worry not Ferg - you'll need those straights to get the pulse rate back under control and to let those V6's catch up :damnfunny :thumbsup
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:26 pm

Andy G wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am
Worry not Ferg - you'll need those straights to get the pulse rate back under control and to let those V6's catch up :damnfunny :thumbsup
Challenge accepted :cheers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve.

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:55 pm

C7Steve wrote:
Andy G wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am
Challenge accepted :cheers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve.
You left for dead in the 350, my chances in the S1 are.........limited Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Well that's me starting to finalise my travel plans for the Frolic. Scott and me are travelling down to the Tunnel on Friday ( haven't sorted hotel at Ashford yet ) We'll catch the tunnel early at 7.30 on Saturday morning and drive straight to Dijon. On the Sunday we'll have a day driving in the moutains similar to my last Frolic. After Dijon will do something similar to last visit i.e. travel to Orange via Switzerland so will probably do similar route ( maybe a wee bit shorter)

For the return journey I'm going to stay on at Mas Du Clos on the Sunday night and travel to Calias on the Monday for a 5.30 pm crossing, find a hotel some where north of London night and do the last bit north on the Tuesday. ( All that providing the mighty S1 behaves itself )

Also as I'm taking a trolley jack, tools and a quantity of spares I was wondering if any of you solo travellers would have room for 1 or 2 crash helmets.

Cheers
Last edited by Kinger on Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 pm

Plans looking good mate. :thumbsup

Just a heads up to anyone taking the Geordie Express, that there is a 20% discount on at the moment if you book before the end of February. I hope to book soon after we meet up next week with Gary and Neil to discuss travel timescales pre and post Frolic.

It’s looking like we will be leaving Abz on the Thursday morning and travelling to Newcastle to take the overnight Geordie Express. Travel to Reims on the Friday and stay here until Sunday, before heading to Dijon to meet everyone else at the hotel for drinks and evening meal. After the Dijon Trackday, I mentioned to Gary about travelling south for a few hours heading towards the Alps, so that we can have a scenic run down to Côte d'Azur. (Lotus on Track have the hotel at Dijon booked before and after the trackday.) Currently looking around the Grenoble area with quick access the following day to Vizille, Alpe d'Huez, Briancon then maybe over Col d'Izoard. I will speak to Ali C about possible route choices from around this area down to Côte d'Azur.

Not sure what our plans are after Mas du Clos, but should have a couple of options after speaking to Gary and Neil soon.

Steve

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 pm

I've just signed up for Le Mans. So I'll be travelling down Thursday I reckon. Still to book crossing, I'll take this as a nudge to get that sorted.

Where are you staying after Mas de Clos. The timing on the way back sounds good. Ok to tag along for the ferry crossing?

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:31 am

We may join you on the return journey depending on what Gary and Neil’s plans are as we will probably pop in past to see family in England on the way home.

Steve

Dark

Post by Dark » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:53 pm

I have a slightly different plan.....

Friday morning ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, 2 hour drive to Le Mans, arrive ~6pm.

Le Man & Dijon trackdays and then head east into the Alps via Annecy or Grenoble.

Thinking to drive the Petit Grand Bernard into Italy and then the Grand Bernard into Switzerland.

Ideally want to drive the Furka & Susten passes before heading home via the tunnel, not going to make it south to Le Luc & Ledenon.
2018 Lotus Exige Sport (metallic grey)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (rebel blue)

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:14 am

Dark wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:53 pm
I have a slightly different plan.....

Le Man & Dijon trackdays and then head east into the Alps via Annecy or Grenoble.

Thinking to drive the Petit Grand Bernard into Italy and then the Grand Bernard into Switzerland.

Ideally want to drive the Furka & Susten passes before heading home via the tunnel, not going to make it south to Le Luc & Ledenon.
Mark,

Part of me wishes that I was spending more times driving in the Alps too. We are planning heading south towards Vizille, Grenoble immediately after the Dijon Trackday so that we are in a good position for a more scenic drive down to Cote d’Azur. I have been getting some suggestions from Scotty C & Ali C (not related :lol: ) and will have a chat soon with Gary and Neil to discuss our route for this day along with our pre and post Frolic plans.

Hopefully you will take some photographs of your adventure and post up a little write-up as it would be appreciated and it would inspire me to do something similar in the future. It would be great to do something like this in a few years time with my friends and their sons.

Steve

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:10 am

So a change of plan for us now. Kathy and Pauline are going to fly from Abz to Heathrow on Thursday 8th of August,while myself, Gary and Neil will drive down. I have arranged to stop at Abington Services between 10:00 - 11:00 to meet Clarkie and Ferg, (and possibly Malcolm, Simon and Stu).
We will then pick up Kathy and Pauline from Heathrow before heading to the Holiday Inn Ashford Central for dinner that evening.

Friday will be a short drive to Dover for the 10:36 Eurotunnel where myself, Kathy, Gary & Pauline will head to Epernay until Sunday morning while Clarkie, Ferg and Neil will drive to Le Mans. On Sunday morning, Gary will drive Pauline to CDG Airport and then we will all meet in Dijon in the afternoon. Kathy and myself will travel from Epernay to Dijon and will aim to be there around 15:00.

After the Dijon Trackday a few of us are going to drive three hours south just past Grenoble so we can have a more scenic route through the Alps to Cote d’Azure via Briancon and Col d’Isoard etc, the following day.

After the last track day at Mas du Clos, myself, Gary and Neil are going to drive a few hours and get north of Paris, so we aren’t trying to negotiate the busier traffic on the following Monday morning. We will then have a short journey first of all on the Monday up to Calais for myself and Gary and up to Ljmuiden for Neil who is taking the Geordie Express home. On Monday afternoon myself and Kathy are going to head up to stay with family at Askham-Upon-Furness and stay here until Wednesday lunchtime before heading home.

Steve

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 am

Kinger wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:36 pm
After Dijon will do something similar to last visit i.e. travel to Orange via Switzerland so will probably do similar route ( maybe a wee bit shorter)
Kinger, I think we are staying around the Côte d'Azur area after Dijon and then will have the trackday at Le Luc the following day before heading to Orange. (See LOT description on the Frolic event)

Steve

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:44 am

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:47 am

Ferg wrote:I'm going to need some help as a Frolic noob.