KH this Friday night

Strictly for tarmac whores
ruadh08

KH this Friday night

Post by ruadh08 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:46 am

Anyone else on the list going to the Dreadnought night on Friday? Iain B and I are both going, so is Russell P with the Morgan.

A few more Loti would be good. Weather looks as if it might hold as well.

6 - 8 £65, contact Dreadnought to book.

Paul G
Paul G

The elder, occasionally more sensible member of "Team Still Game"

ed

Post by ed » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:22 am

Afraid i cant make it! Hope the weather holds for you! :thumbsup
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

xtreme

Post by xtreme » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:19 am

Paul

Booked on yesterday, Claire said there was only one more space left?!

Then managed to clip a kerb and damage the tyre.... :cry:

New tyre being fitted tommorrow tho so should be good for Fri - hoping the weather lasts!!!!! :D

Cheers

Barrie

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Really starting to miss the car. :(

Must be all this great sunshine in ABZ.

Roll on next Friday/Saturday.

Scotty C
"Here for a good time not a long time"

colin adams

Post by colin adams » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Will phone dreadnought 1st thing tomorrow, hope the space remains.... Hopefully see y'all there, colin

gorrie

Post by gorrie » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Not on track tonight... but booked on for 18th May. Will be up there tonight for a look tho'..

Andy
I have no signature.

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am

Quick Summary of last night at KH.

The night was fully booked with 35 reservists turning up as well!!!

Paul G and I arrived in plenty time to register, but this was in vain as there was no sign of any representatives from Dreadnought until 20 mins before start.
Jason D of Y*HOO fame was doing his best to keep everyone informed of the impending arrival of the Dreadnought staff

The car park was packed with a myriad of different cars ranging from Hot Hatches /race cars/ American Muscle cars/Drift Cars and my personal favourites .....the impeccable GT3 RS's from Glasgow.The
Loti contingent was well represented with Graham from MMC "observing" four immaculate exiges , two 340R's and at least 4 other elises. I noticed one brave chap "running in" his 07 plated car and no doubt invalidating whatever warranty he has ....albeit at a modest pace
I only recognised a few regulars from the assembled drivers so made a mental note to be prepared to make allowances for a novice drivers.

The very quick briefing stated that overtaking was allowed on both sides (only on the straights)

The track opened at 1810 with everyone out at once and what was quickly apparent was that most of the drivers hadn't a clue on the following:-

Their driving ability
Their vehicle's capability
Racing Line
Use of Mirrors
General Track Etiquette

Cars were hurtled into corners three abreast and any thought of overtaking slower vehicles was done on the basis that the drivers would not be looking in their mirrors..... and certainly would not understand what the nice chaps waving the blue flags were all about

Anyone who has competed in or attended the annual Formula Ford festival will get the picture.

There were the usual early casualties (after three laps!!) with drivers finding the limitations of standard brakes /tyres and suspension . This also covered the track with gravel at the places where you least wanted it.

Most of the two hours were taken up with separate convoys of vehicles being held up with either slower vehicles... or the hugely modified cars which were fast in a straight line and slow on the corners. The usual gaps that one expects on a track day, where the number of drivers reduce and get into packs of similar ability, never transpired .....and the track always appeared busy.

Dreadnought were doing pax laps in the MG race car which spewed petrol all night long and gave me an extreme sideways moment at Clarks when following it

In summary
Whilst you have to make allowances for novices at any tracknight, the overall standard was dire.

Badly Organised
Scary Driving
Overtaking on both sides only works if everyone uses mirrors
No more Dreadnought nights for me

Amen :rage
Younger member of Team Still Game

99 Lotus Elise 111S.....Heterosexual Spec ...S1
BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Monkey Bike with 125cc conversion
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

ed

Post by ed » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 am

:( Bad luck Iain.

Are you coming along to the SIDC on the 26th of May?! :idea: :)
Octopus Energy Referral Code (£50 each!) share.octopus.energy/light-lynx-588

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Ed

Hope So

Currently negotating with "The Boss" to move another diary commitment

:ROFL

BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:33 am

The last one I did was three years ago after I had the Honda fitted, and that was fine, but it looks as if they have gone down hill now.

On that one Brian even closed the track so that Paul and I could compete for fastest lap against each other, which was novel.

tut

kenny

Post by kenny » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:51 am

I remember the overtaking being a bit hairy on my last one (someone overtook me through the chicane) but that really does sound badly run. :(

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:31 pm

The last one I did was three years ago after I had the Honda fitted, and that was fine, but it looks as if they have gone down hill now.

Tut /Paul

Agreed.
Like yourselves have attended 4/5 Dreadnought nights..... and whilst they have not been organized to SIDC John's immaculate standards ...they have been OK.
You sometimes get lulled into a false sense of security when driving regularly with people who enjoy themselves but in a reasonably safe manner.

Cars suddenly changing lines prior to corners...... when you have passed or are about to pass......certainly keeps me on my toes.
There must have been 4/5 separate occasions last night where I had to take evasive action to avoid an expensive collision.

I joked with Russell P about him and his beloved Morgan being in the kitty litter...... and he replied that he had no option... as another driver had cut across him without warning..... leaving him no place to go!

My only regret is that I did not count how many cars were on track at any one time............it felt extremely busy ???????

BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

ruadh08

Post by ruadh08 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:33 pm

And to cap it all, we got kicked off track at 7.45, due to a red flag incident, and the track never reopened, so with the late start, we only got abot 1.5 hours on track.

However the weather was good, and track in good nick. Amazingly no accidents, although quite a few near misses.

Pity John Stewart wasnt there to advise on the organising!!!
Paul G

The elder, occasionally more sensible member of "Team Still Game"

Brunty

Post by Brunty » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Remember that there are CE Motorsport nights starting in May ;)

I was there spectating and chatting to some of the guys that are regulars on my nights and the general consensus seems to be the same, so don't feel too bad!

Brunty
"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick ass[/url]

s333fee

Post by s333fee » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 pm

Last edited by s333fee on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ljxltd.co.uk - tree services and other things
http://www.xpertecltd.com - property cleaning and maintenance
http://www.letsrental.co.uk - property letting and management - opening soon