Mk1 Mazda MX-5 1.8 ( 1998 UK car)

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
smitstui

Mk1 Mazda MX-5 1.8 ( 1998 UK car)

Post by smitstui » Tue May 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Mk1 Mazda MX-5 1.8 ( 1998 UK car) - £3250 ono

I bought this Mazda locally a year and a half ago. It was intended as something to run in between Lotuses. However, I started doing a little maintenance on it and got a little carried away! I have spent a small fortune and a LOT of time but the car as now been extensively overhauled within the last 1000 or so miles. The car has covered 86k miles and has 1 years MOT and is newly serviced.
Overall this is great car in great condition and mechanically perfect, ready to enjoy the summer.
I have been using the car quite a lot recently but I am now going to move onto another Lotus (or Kit Car) and happy to Px this against a Lotus.

The car is detailed below but highlights are:-

Extensively Rebuilt Suspension, Brakes and Limited Slip Differential using new high-end parts.
Just had full service
No Rot
1 Years MOT
New LSD diff

Engine

The engine, and car, has covered just shy 86,000 miles. It is in excellent condition mechanically and has just been serviced within the last 100 miles. The service included Oil and Filter, Plugs, Leads, Fuel Filter, Diff and Gearbox oil check and fluid checks.

Suspension

The suspension has been completely refurbished with brand new Coilovers fitted on each corner.
The arms were removed from the car and professional stripped and professionally powder coated in black.
New poly bushes were fitted throughout the suspension.
New ball joints were fitted to the suspension and track rod ends to the Steering arms.
The hubs all had new wheel bearings installed.
The suspension was then reassembled, using new Mazda genuine bolts and camber adjacent plates throughout.
After running it in for a hundred miles or so everything was checked over and then it was taken to Paul Bowers motors in Dundee for a full 4 wheel geometry set up.

Differential

The differential has been rebuilt to include a brand new MAZDA MX5 Ashley LSD ATB Differential, new bearings and seals.
The Differential was remounted using new poly bushes.

Brakes

The brakes have been extensively rebuilt. Each calliper was stripped, cleaned and painted and rebuilt with a new piston, new seals and new nipples.
Brand new Front & Rear Swirl Grooved Evora Brake Discs and Yellowstuff Pads have been fitted.
Goodridge braided hoses were fitted along with new Banjo bolts and genuine Mazda brake fitting fluid.
The system was then refilled and bled with high temperature Gulf Racing fluid.

Bodywork

Upper Bodywork
The bodywork on the car is original and I chose not to have it resprayed keeping the paintwork as original as possible. As such there are stonechips and small rust bubbles in keeping (in fact far better than usual) with the age and mileage.
Overall the bodywork is very presentable, but its not a new car (however I am fussy).

Underneath:
The rear of the sills had the usual rot. This has been cut out and repaired with repair panels.
The work was treated with rust convertor and was then zinc primed and the painted and undersealed.
The rest of the car has been Undersealed. This is not a rotten car and no repairs to the floors or underneath were required.
The rear subframe was powdercoated along with the suspension parts. The only part that has not been powdercoated or undersealed is the front subframe.

Hood

The original hood has been replaced with a new hood with a glass heated screen. I find this hood is much quieter and also watertight!

Interior

The interior is generally in very good condition. There is a little wear to the driver’s seat but I have a spare passenger seat that I was going to remove the cover from.
The steering wheel has been replaced with a sued Nardi steering wheel as its my personal preference. However, the original wheel has been kept and is in good condition (and it’s a 5 min job to swap back).

Wheels

The wheels on the car are original Mazda Daisy wheels that have been painted matt black. They are running premium winter tyres. I also have the original wheels but being honest they are ready for a refurb, but I am happy to give them with the car.

Car is based in Montrose. Any questions just drop me a PM.
I have taken around 100 photos - http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/smits ... eshow/MX-5

______________________________________________________________________________________________________