Caterham Superlight R. Now Sold.

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
Cisco

Caterham Superlight R. Now Sold.

Post by Cisco » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Hey guys,

I've decided to sell my 7 as I'm using it less and less. Most of you know the car, I havn't put up a Pistonheads add yet in case there is any SE interest as the last 3 owners have been on here :) I sorned the car last month. PM me for photos or wait for the Pistonheads advert which I will link to this post. All the best, Frank 07910003731

Details are as follows.

Caterham Superlight R No.29 Dayglo yellow. £18k ovno.
1998. Factory build. 33k miles. Matching engine/ chassis numbers.
Full history including all invoices and MOT’s from new.

Drivetrain:
1.8 VHPD Dry sump engine with Jenvey throttle bodies, Emerald ECU and cam verniers. Original VHPD ECU and throttle bodies go with the car.
6 speed Caterham Gearbox and LSD differential.

Exterior:
Full weather protection including brand new heated screen.
Tonneau, carbon wings, carbon nose cone. MSA Roll bar, Aero fuel cap.
Additional Tillet carbon flyscreen and Tillet carbon side doors go with the car.

Interior:
Tillet composite seats with 5 point Caterham harnesses.
Momo quick release suede steering wheel. Carbon dashboard with start button, change-up light, 12 volt accessory plug and tunnel storage pockets.
Electrical cut-off switch and factory plumbed fire extinguisher system.

Wheels suspension and brakes:
M. Barnaby 3 piece alloys 6” front 8” Rear. Proxes 888 tyres.
Bilstein shocks all round.
Caterham AP big brake kit with Pagid blue pads. Adjustable f/r balance master cylinder.
Spare set of standard Caterham wheels with new Yokohama A201R tyres go with car.

General:
The car is in excellent condition. I have owned the car for five years/8k miles and am only selling due to my advancing years! The car is very tractable due to the well set up Jenvey/Emerald arrangement.
The car has had no accidents and has original paint however the paint is fading in places and the proposed car price reflects this. The previous owner fully stripped and rebuilt/renewed the gearbox/suspension. When I purchased the car I replaced the head gasket, uprated the oil rail assembly and replaced the radiator and all coolant hoses.