Lotus Elise S2 Type 23 for sale. *SOLD*

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
Type23

Lotus Elise S2 Type 23 for sale. *SOLD*

Post by Type23 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Having owned my Lotus since November 2009 the time has come to sell it. I am not getting any real use out of it these days due to changes in family circumstances so I'd like it to go to someone who will be able to enjoy everything that comes with owning such a fantastic car like a Lotus Elise.

So, my Lotus is an S2 Type 23 and was first registered on 1st September 2003. I am the second owner of this car as it was declared be at first registration. The previous owner had it from 03.09.2003 till I acquired it November 2009. Mileage was high when I bought the car having already covered 72k. These were motorway miles as it was used for a daily commute. I continued to use it as a commute till I changed jobs and as a result it has now covered 118k. Over the last 4 years or so it's only covered about 4500 miles in total. The car is currently MOTd till November 2020. The car is cream in colour with green racing stripes. Feel free to Google Type 23 Lotus Elise. There were 50 made and only 28 left according to the DVLA. It comes with an unblemished hard top and an immaculate green soft top.

As a result of it sitting quite a bit I have recently put new discs and pads all round. I have also just put a new battery in, new spark plugs, new coil packs, new ignition leads and changed the oil and filter. By the end of this week it will also have had the front shocks replaced. It has 4 new tyres fitted as well and these have barely covered 100 miles.

The interior of the car is spotless for its age with no marks, tears or wear marks on the seats.

As most will know it comes with a K Series Engine and the usual faults that come with these have been addressed over the years. Head gasket was replaced, its had a new alternator and the starter motor was also replaced. At the last mot a coolant leak was identified and this has also been dealt with.

The thing that let's the car down is the bodywork. In my opinion, it could do with a respray. This is purely down to the car being one that's never been in a garage. It has always been parked on the drive. As a result, sections of the car have started to bubble and these have started to pop. There is also slight damage to the rear corner on the passanger side as well as a slight crack, and heavy stone chipping to the front clam beside the registration plate. I have had several quotes for a full respray and have taken these figures into consideration when pricing the vehicle.

I have multiple photos of the car available of it at every angle possible. I also have photos of all the marks on the body work and the cracks that would need repaired. I have been honest in my description above and I am happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding the car. I am also happy to take any other photographs people may want to see.

Feel free to PM me and I'll happily provide a contact number to discuss things further.

I am based just outside Dundee in a DD8 postcode area.

£9500

Cheers.