Hunt Carbon 3650 Aero wide rim brake wheels on Tubeless GP5000

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
woody

Hunt Carbon 3650 Aero wide rim brake wheels on Tubeless GP5000

Post by woody » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:01 pm

A change of plans mean my little used 3650 Carbon rim brake Hunt wheels are for sale. The wheels are fitted with the excellent Continental GP5000 tyres in 25mm tubeless form, set up tubeless with Stans Race fluid. They hold pressure well and roll very nicely. The whole assembly is very light with the wheels alone coming in at 1480g. I’ve used and enjoyed tubeless set ups on gravel for years and found these to be excellent as well.

Both wheels and tyres now have around 500 miles on them, mostly in the dry, but this being Scotland it did rain once when I was out. I’ve found braking to be excellent; better in the dry than with the Mavic alloy rims I also used. The wheels come with a set of Hunt’s own pads with plenty of life left and Hunt QR skewers. No cassette included, but if needed I may have a used one I can throw in.

Wheels and tyres are both in very good condition and the tyres have never punctured.

Full details can be found on Hunt’s website, but the main blurb is below –

Hunt Bike Wheels

THE ULTIMATE MIXED DEPTH ROAD RACING WHEELSET. ULTRA-WIDE, CUTTING-EDGE RIM DESIGN. SCARY-FAST. THE RACER'S CHOICE.

36/50 DEEP | 27 WIDE | 1477G

THE PURPOSE

This is the ultimate mixed road racing wheelset. It's so fast that we're free-wheeling in the pack, whilst the others are pedalling. Going deeper on the back provides additional aerodynamic advantages, but the shallower front end improves stability. As used in UCI Continental level racing by the Canyon dhb p/b Soreen pro team.

SPECS OVERVIEW

CRITS, CLIMBS, YOU NAME IT, THESE ARE THE WHEELS FOR IT

Rims | Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas, Griptec friction brake-track with 3K re-enforcement for excellent braking and durability.

Tubeless-ready for lower weight, rolling resistance and improved puncture resistance. Also work excellently with clincher tyres and tubes.

Hubs | Race Season SPRINT straight-pull, 15mm diameter 7075-T6 axle. Circular dropout interface steps for added stiffness. 3x treble-tooth pawl engagement for instant acceleration. Engagement angle of just 7.5 degrees.

Steel spline insert to protect cassette body.

QR | Hunt Race Season. Super-light,polymer with durable heat-treated alloy/polymer cam with stainless steel springs.

Included | QRs, Pads, Tubeless tape fitted

UCI Approved

Weight | 1477g

SE price - £650