Whyte Glencoe Gravel bike - 56cm

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
Lazydonkey

Whyte Glencoe Gravel bike - 56cm

Post by Lazydonkey » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:52 am

Selling my alloy Whyte Glencoe gravel bike.

Main specs are ;
- Hydraulic SRAM Apex groupset (brakes are an upgrade from OEM which was cable actuated hydraulic)
- 1x11 (11-42 cassette)
- 40 tooth wolf tooth chainring (and 42 tooth OEM one)
- 700c Fulcrum racing 6 wheels
- 38mm G-one allround tyres fitted with fresh Stans RACE fluid
- Unmarked charge spoon saddle
- TRP Brake discs
- 12mm thro axle all round
- Brand new Uber Race Matrix pads

Everything else is pretty much as the original OEM spec which you can still find on the whyte site.

Frame will take a 40mm tyre on a 700c or up to 47mm on a 650b.

I've used it primarily as a gravel bike and as such it has the odd scrape and paint chip. Most significant is on the non drive chain stay where i had a low speed "bag o spuds" fall and slither when i didn't get unclipped in time. Drive side crank has some scrapes on it from pedal strikes. All the major marks have been captured in the pics (not uploaded pics here but can send them on)

It's not a showroom queen but it's a genuine honest bike that can turn it's hand to almost anything. With the g ones it's a great winter road bike, run something like a WTB resolute (as i have for most if it's life) and it's a great gravel bike or put something like a WTB Sendero on it and you can ride it like a 90s mtb with drops.

I've owned it from new, and was supplied and serviced by Billy Bislands. It's never wanted for anything and is just out of the shop from a full service where the headset bearings were replaced. Bottom bracket was replaced in Dec. Basically it wants for nothing and can provide receipts of the recent work done.

No logical reason to change it, but after a few years i just fancied a change. Size wise it's a 56cm which whyte says is 5' 11 - 6' 2.

Current v3 is almost identical to my bike and would set you back £1,600 I'm asking £850 on the various marketplace sites but there is a deal for an SE-er.

Any inspection welcome.
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?