Lotus Elise S2 42k miles

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
Dunzie5

Lotus Elise S2 42k miles

Post by Dunzie5 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:22 pm

Lotus Elise S2
- 2002 model with 42K miles
- Cat D due to rear clam damage – picture attached from previous seller. It rolled down his driveway backwards and hit into a neighbors wall
- It was off the road and garaged between 2010 and 2020, I bought the car in 2017 and slowly got it road worthy
- MOT has ran out but I will put another years MOT on it, I’m just back a 2 week holiday and totally forgot the MOT ran out…

Engine/exhaust:
- Ported cylinder head (pictures with proof available, can check location on photo)
- 135 cams with 6 deg offset dowels
- Hurricane induction
- 52mm throttle body
- Janspeed exhaust (have original available too, I think the janspeed is too loud)
- Decat (EML is temperamental but does clear quite quickly)
- 135 alloy inlet manifold
- 82/88deg thermostat (with new thermostat housing) temp always sits around 86deg unless it’s a really hot day.
- Elise parts immobiliser bypass
- NOT FITTED - I do have a brand new (bought in Aug 2022) Kmaps ECU available with blue 160 injectors and full fitting kit etc available too, you need piggy back this with the current ECU. I never fitted this due to having to source another ECU a couple of months ago after finding a few broken pins on the original one that cause a bunch of running issues. After buying nearly every sensor possible, I pulled the ECU out and found the broken pins, so since having the newly sourced ECU fitted it’s been running great. If fitted, with all the supporting mods this car has, you could see between 140-150bhp.

Suspension/handling/brakes:
- Protec coilovers
- Mintex 1144 front pads
- Uprated front discs (cant remember brand)
- Motul RBF 660 brake fluid
- Rota Torques with good tread Falken Ziex all round
- Nylatron shifter cable bushes, gear shifts are a lot nicer.

Maintenance:
- I have serviced the car twice in my ownership, 1st when I bought it in 2017 and again in 2022.
- New cambelt & waterpump fitted Jan 2021 w/135 cams (done no more than 1k miles since)
- AC deleted (seized pump) – fitted uprated tension & new belt (June 2022)
- New thermostat & housing
- New cams seals
- New manifold gasket
- New sensors – TPS, ICV, O2 & coolant temp sensors
- Gearbox oil
- Multiple coolant flushes when fitting the cams & thermostat housing
- New handbrake cable

I have had the car since Oct 2017 and started driving it on the road in 2020 after getting it road worthy. I have put around 2.5k miles on it in my ownership. I would love to keep this and make it into a track car like my original plan but a wedding forces sale.
It has been garaged for 5 years.
It has the usual Elise traits like the sagging window that doesn’t fully shut and lets a little bit of water in when it rains, the bubbling paint on the doors and so on. There is a tear on the drivers seat. The rear clam was painted well when it was replaced but the rest of the car could do with a tart up (I have tried to picture these as best as possible).
The car runs and drives great but after talking with the guys at Kmaps, fitting this would make it’s a lot sharper as the standard ECU wont be fueling correctly for all the mods on it just now. I just don’t have the time to get this fitted.
This car is so much fun but I just don’t get the us out of it that I thought I would, and like I said earlier, I’m getting married so the cash will come into use.
I’m trying to be as honest as I can with this car so if there are any further questions, please ask.

I'm located in Bathgate, West Lothian if you'd like to see it.
Im open to offers.

DROPBOX LINK FOR PHOTOS
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ww0d3p2j ... ertg6sfmms

14.5K ONO
2002 K Series Elise
2002 240bhp Mini Cooper S Track/Hillclimb car
2015 Audi S3