Wanted= outdoor car cover for S1

Sell your car or parts in here. NOTE - queries are private so can't be posted on the forum. Just PM the seller.
gordon

Wanted= outdoor car cover for S1

Post by gordon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

Need to get me an outdoor cover for the winter. Nothing too fancy (read dear) but no old truck haps or blankets cut to size either :D

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:31 pm

Gordon,
I have mentioned this before so I have just cut and pasted but the advice still holds.

If you use a full car cover outside be carefull as any dirt on the car will be rubbed against the paintwork by the flapping / moving of the cover in the wind. This happened to my Dad, he left a cover on for a while and when he took it off the car looked as if it had been finely rubbed with wet'n dry all over.

Stephen

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:50 pm

i'm really lookin for one of the covers that's fitted on has a soft lining to protect the paint. I've seen them on the net at about £200, but i dont wanna pay anywhere near that.

GregR

Post by GregR » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:59 pm

I bought one off ebay for £55 - "Coverzone" that was 'custom'; fitted for an elise. I aint had a chance to fit the swine yet coz I want to wash all the grime off the car 1st - to ensure it doesn't look like its been wet n' dried!

For £55, I doubt you can go wrong - afterall, showercaps go for £60+

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:42 pm

gordon wrote:i'm really lookin for one of the covers that's fitted on has a soft lining to protect the paint. I've seen them on the net at about £200, but i dont wanna pay anywhere near that.
I got the coverzone one, nothing like as expensive as £200... unless they have put the price up but I doubt it. It fits great and the inside is nice n soft.

Any cove put on a "dirty" car can potentialy scratch it, nothing you can do about it mate..
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....