S3 Exige S - Laser Blue

Show us your pictures and videos
Stewart

S3 Exige S - Laser Blue

Post by Stewart » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 pm

It's been a wee while since I have posted so thought I would let you see my exige, which I bought from Brandon in March.

This is my 3rd exige and it raises the bar so much higher than any previous lotus I have owned. As you would imagine it is rocket-ship quick and yet pleasantly refined and a comfortable cruiser. Like all exiges it turns heads, even when standing still, but the sound of the V6 with the exhaust valve open really gets some attention, even when you are not trying! The "look at me blip" on start up in the supermarket car park is always a little embarrassing :oops: .

I really love the car but my thoughts are already turning to selling it. I am fortunate enough that it is a second car for me but I feel that it is just too much of an extravagance as I never seem to make enough time to drive it. I am also due a new company car next year and my thoughts at this time are to come out of the company scheme and fund one "nice" car that could also be sued as a daily driver. Jag anyone?!

Anyway as this is the Gallery, here are some snaps. Some with my phone and some with my Nikon. Enjoy.

Stewart

Ryan

Re: S3 Exige S - Laser Blue

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:25 am

Beutiful car mate.
Elise 111R

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 am

Very nice Stewart :)

Shame you are thinking if selling but I remember you used to feel guilty about having the orange S2 sat on the drive for long periods of time too.

Perhaps get one nice car but also an S1? That way the guilt might be lessened and you'd still have something for those rare days?

Cheers,

Mark.

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:12 am

that is stunning. Dont forgot to offer it to SE first, that's the most tempting thing i've seen to get me back me in a lotus

campbell

Post by campbell » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:16 am

The Forth Bridge shot is The One, Stewart. Or maybe the Vulcan. Awesome.

I can relate to your anxiety of extravagance sitting on the drive. But the money may be better tied up in an amazing Exige S than in the bank...
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 am

Looks really stunning in blue (infact in any color)...I am constantly having my own personal 'extravagance' debate as I get another tax reminder, another insurance reminder, another MOT bill...

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Lovely looking car, the laser blue really suits it 8)
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Great looking car :wink: - same as mine other than the red callipers! However, like you I'm thinking about a change. Brandon must be cursing me the amount of messing about I've caused him.

Stewart

Post by Stewart » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:01 pm

mckeann wrote:that is stunning. Dont forgot to offer it to SE first, that's the most tempting thing i've seen to get me back me in a lotus
I think you would like it :D . If you do fancy it I could be open to an offer. I think the price in my mind is an excellent deal. 9,900 miles and a years manufacturer warranty left.
Stewart

Stewart

Post by Stewart » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:04 pm

StiflerMR2 wrote:Very nice Stewart :)

Shame you are thinking if selling but I remember you used to feel guilty about having the orange S2 sat on the drive for long periods of time too.

Perhaps get one nice car but also an S1? That way the guilt might be lessened and you'd still have something for those rare days?

Cheers,

Mark.
I know but I have nearly twice as much tied up in this compared to my S2s. I have thought about another S1 but I am concerned that given their age now they will require regular fettling and would rather spend the time driving :)
Stewart

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 pm

No doubt about to summon the gods of unreliability but I give my s1 to Craig once a year and that's about it.

For example, this year I haven't done anything to it and it's been on about 7 track days and numerous runs, but it's a valid concern.

F type would be nice :D

Now where did I put that piece of wood....

BigD

Post by BigD » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Stewart you need another Orange Exige S2. It's just not you without one. :)

Stewart

Post by Stewart » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:58 am

BigD wrote:Stewart you need another Orange Exige S2. It's just not you without one. :)
The thought has crossed my mind more than once but they're now nearly as expensive as a v6! :shock:
Stewart

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:23 am

Stewart wrote:
StiflerMR2 wrote:Very nice Stewart :)

Cheers,

Mark.
I know but I have nearly twice as much tied up in this compared to my S2s. I have thought about another S1 but I am concerned that given their age now they will require regular fettling and would rather spend the time driving :)
My concern too when I bought my S1 years ago. I have been doing around 5K miles per annum, with a visit to MMC, and more recently Craig for it's annual service. 90+K on the clock, and has proven reliable. Craig is great at the service for advising on some issues that may require attention, allowing for some preventative maintenance, which helps reliability a lot. IMHO, I think the key to a reliable S1 is regular servicing with a reputable garage, and not asking too much from the K series in terms of tuning it. 150BHP seems to be a sweet spot for performance Vs reliability. S1's now offer depreciation free motoring. :thumbsup
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

campbell

Post by campbell » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:00 pm

+1 from me. 112,000 miles and some MMC / CMC / Craig TLC later.

And see what Kinger has done recently too...
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy