Bilsterberg Trackday Vids

Show us your pictures and videos
BigD

Bilsterberg Trackday Vids

Post by BigD » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:55 am

Watch on YouTube

A couple of laps with Mike Scib at Bilsterberg. Loved that track 8)

Mike Scib

Re: Bilsterberg Trackday Vids

Post by Mike Scib » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Good skills D :thumbsup

Great track 8)
alicrozier wrote:As Robin said, need to be comfortable and confident to push right up to the limit - sometimes you only find the limit by going beyond it...
(that's why I think Mike will do fine, that and his lack of imagination). :roll: :lol:

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 pm

That looks a good track with a few tricky sections, but especially the blind dipping corner at 3:15.

Nice car control D. :thumbsup

Steve

Ferg

Post by Ferg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 am

Great vid. Track looks fun! How was it overall?

BigD

Post by BigD » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Ferg wrote:How was it overall?
How do you mean?

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Nice work D.

Interesting how many corners you're having to balance throttle where the 2-11 was flat chat and often a gear up
(T1 to T5 and from T11 to T14). I think my fave section was T5 to T9 but loved T13 flat over the blind crest (running out much wider than you did) and so much speed through T17, is it as fast as Puhon at Spa?

T18 into T19 just got faster and faster all day. Flat through the right kink at T18, a dab then light trail braking to rotate whilst moving to the outside for the last corner.

With so many mid corner undulations the 211 was in it element with high speed stability. In the wet I'd imagine there would be a few people spat off.

Driving an Atom there would be hilarious and fairly scary, (to coin a phrase) like wrestling a bear!

Overall effing loved it!

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

BigD

Post by BigD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:39 am

alicrozier wrote:Nice work D.

Interesting how many corners you're having to balance throttle where the 2-11 was flat chat and often a gear up
(T1 to T5 and from T11 to T14). I think my fave section was T5 to T9 but loved T13 flat over the blind crest (running out much wider than you did) and so much speed through T17, is it as fast as Puhon at Spa?
Yeh just shows the difference between a race built car with aero and a road car. :P The fact the 211 is still quicker than the V6's says it all really. :thumbsup

Blind crest I took flat once on the wrong entry line and ended up on the grass on exit so after that I was a bit more cautious. :lol:

The video flattens out the track and the undulations are much more severe in reality, all in all an awesome track. 8)

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:16 pm

BigD wrote: Yeh just shows the difference between a race built car with aero and a road car.
Christ you sound like Mike... ;) :lol:
BigD wrote: the fact the 211 is still quicker than the V6's says it all really. :thumbsup
There was a 1.56 with some traffic (Walter Rohrl did 1:47 in a 991 GT3 RS). :shock:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/bilster-berg

There seemed a much bigger difference than at Zandvoort where Stu's V6 was pretty hard work to catch.
BigD wrote: Blind crest I took flat once on the wrong entry line and ended up on the grass on exit so after that I was a bit more cautious. :lol:
The BigD line?
There was a nice little marker pole on the apex which you could spot early. Unfortunately it then disappeared as you went into the dip half way up so had to aim where it was... :)
All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Any references to laptimes, speed or driving on the public highway are purely for dramatic effect.

BigD

Post by BigD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:19 pm

alicrozier wrote: Christ you sound like Mike... ;) :lol:
I knew that would get a bite. :lol: :lol:
alicrozier wrote:
BigD wrote: the fact the 211 is still quicker than the V6's says it all really. :thumbsup
There was a 1.56 with some traffic (Walter Rohrl did 1:47 in a 991 GT3 RS). :shock:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/bilster-berg

There seemed a much bigger difference than at Zandvoort where Stu's V6 was pretty hard work to catch.
I think that's part of the reason I liked Bilsterberg so much as there were less power areas and more carrying the speed areas. 8) I like those sort of tracks. :twisted:

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:09 pm

It was a tricky track in the , the dips were really resting the V6 on its road suspension. It was far more at home at Zandvoort, able to cope better. It was interesting that areas suited the V6, and was able to keep with the 211, catch on the straights and loose out massivly on the long left right section half way round the lap. Ali had a passenger, so was helping me stay with him, however, i did find 3 seconds on the saturday, so would have been interesting to see how that panned out, it was a big improvement , employing some forgotten braking techneques.

Then again, had i been on ZZR,s ......Bingo. :D

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

alicrozier

Post by alicrozier » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 pm

What you really want Stu is a 211 with the V6 engine...

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Spotted some of the SE boys on this video.

Watch on YouTube

Steve.

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:33 pm

Me trying to chase Neil at Zandvoort..... No substitute for horses !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAblbP6 ... e=youtu.be

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAblbP6EoiQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Feel free to show how I should have changed the you tube insert so it shows preview

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:38 pm

[quote="alicrozier"]What you really want Stu is a 211 with the V6 engine...[/quote ]
Would be nice Ali.....needed on for Knockhill on Tuesday, pesky McLarens are bloody quick. :D

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:35 am

Kinger wrote:Me trying to chase Neil at Zandvoort..... No substitute for horses !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAblbP6 ... e=youtu.be

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAblbP6EoiQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Feel free to show how I should have changed the you tube insert so it shows preview
Kinger,

Use the youtube button at the top right when on the Post Reply page and insert the bit from z to Q only.

Watch on YouTube

Steve.