first summer with my Elise, winter too apparently

Show us your pictures and videos
tjscott3

first summer with my Elise, winter too apparently

Post by tjscott3 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Seeing as its engine is now in many pieces in the garage :roll: , now would probably be a good time to put up some assorted photos i had on my computer, and one scottish elises run.
the first drive out of hamilton area, out to crawfordjohn via the strathavan backroads.

Accompanying my dad up to knockhill ( the exige to the right of my s1 )

A couple from drives to Killin

and a Scottish Elises run to Rannoch.

Last edited by tjscott3 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C7Steve

Re: first summer with my Elise

Post by C7Steve » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:07 am

Hopefully first summer of many. :thumbsup

Steve.

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 am

Really missing my S1, glad to see you are having fun in yours.

That exige colour is very unique. Is it a factory colour?

tjscott3

Post by tjscott3 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 am

i hope so too. andyep, its autumn gold and i don't think many are around due to its slightly marmite colour

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 am

Looks good!

Was it yourself that we passed one summers evening between Callender and Lochearnhead? We (a few of us on a wee run) saw a yellow s1 stopped, so we stopped briefly to check all was ok.
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

tjscott3

Post by tjscott3 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:27 am

yes, it was literally five minutes after i commenting to my passenger on never having seen another lotus when im out driving :lol:

point n squirt

Post by point n squirt » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Is it yourself that parks in the same spot at peacock cross all the time.?
Last edited by point n squirt on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Complete Building Solution
www.lindsayjoineryservices.co.uk

tjscott3

Post by tjscott3 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:54 am

It is, i park there and get the train to uni, and the corner spots are wider so i always go for them ( after someone managed to take a chunk of paint off of my wheelarch :roll: ).

IanD

Post by IanD » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am

Was good to meet you on the Rannoch run and see you very briefly when I was out a run with Dom and Steven.
I'm in Lanarkshire and never see any Lotus about the area, if a grey BMW 3 series Touring flashes you it will be me.
I like to take the Porsche out Muirkirk / Crawfordjohn / Wanlockhead loop :thumbsup
Hope you get the car back together soon.

Dominic wrote: We (a few of us on a wee run) saw a yellow s1 stopped, so we stopped briefly to check all was ok.
From my point of you driving fast along a road under tree cover at dusk leaving a fair gap to Steven ahead of me, road clear, eye catches 2 cars in opposite lay by, looks like a Lotus, it is, look ahead, sh*t Dom and Steven have stopped in middle of road, brake hard, should stop ok but I still don't trust these brakes fully, oncoming road is clear, move out and pass stationary Steven and Dom having a chat out the roof then stop.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:20 pm

IanD wrote:
Dominic wrote: We (a few of us on a wee run) saw a yellow s1 stopped, so we stopped briefly to check all was ok.
From my point of you driving fast along a road under tree cover at dusk leaving a fair gap to Steven ahead of me, road clear, eye catches 2 cars in opposite lay by, looks like a Lotus, it is, look ahead, sh*t Dom and Steven have stopped in middle of road, brake hard, should stop ok but I still don't trust these brakes fully, oncoming road is clear, move out and pass stationary Steven and Dom having a chat out the roof then stop.
:damnfunny ...the "where's Ian off to?" moment :roll:
http://www.dsaccountancy.com

1999 Lotus Elise Sport 135'99

tjscott3

Post by tjscott3 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:11 pm

Ive actually had it all running again for about a month now.
The rannoch run is actually one of the most fun things ive done in my lotus, just cant beat that moon view we got :lol: , so im hoping to do a couple next year as well( might even be able to keep at least one set of tail lights in view next time :lol: )
speaking of crawfordjohn, this was the first run after the rebuild to evaporate all the coolant out of the exhaust.

now "winterized" (insofar as thats possible ) plus a few days of messing with rubber seals and i might actually get it semi-waterproof
crawfordjohn,wanlockhead and muirkirk are also actually my usual runs if im going for something a bit shorter. although i do like heading up to killin ( used to go camping there alot when i was younger ) and around that area if im aiming for a longer day out.
I am also starting to gather bits and pieces for a honda conversion hopefully for next winter so thats another thing to look forward to!

Stu160

Post by Stu160 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Nice, hoping to get the S160 back out again soon .

Stu
S1 S160
Caterham 310R

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:15 am

tjscott3 wrote:Ive actually had it all running again for about a month now.
The rannoch run is actually one of the most fun things ive done in my lotus, just cant beat that moon view we got :lol: , so im hoping to do a couple next year as well( might even be able to keep at least one set of tail lights in view next time :lol: )
speaking of crawfordjohn, this was the first run after the rebuild to evaporate all the coolant out of the exhaust.

now "winterized" (insofar as thats possible ) plus a few days of messing with rubber seals and i might actually get it semi-waterproof
crawfordjohn,wanlockhead and muirkirk are also actually my usual runs if im going for something a bit shorter. although i do like heading up to killin ( used to go camping there alot when i was younger ) and around that area if im aiming for a longer day out.
I am also starting to gather bits and pieces for a honda conversion hopefully for next winter so thats another thing to look forward to!
:welcome
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

captain

Post by captain » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:07 am

Black roof and wheels look great!

tjscott3

Re: first summer with my Elise, winter too apparently

Post by tjscott3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:35 pm

had a bit of a winter adventure, almost took the roof off but i have spent far too much time messing with rubberized foam to get it waterproof.

ended a smidgen dirty