Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
c8rkh

Re: Big thanks to Murrays in Edin again

Post by c8rkh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:10 pm

I've never had any problems with MMC or Brandon to be fair. Always responded to my emails and always when he is in the showroom a warm smile and the offer of a coffee etc.
Maybe he was just incredibly busy - I usually find that 99% of the time it is cock-up rather than conspiracy. I'd like to think we can cut them some slack as they have been a good dealer for many over the last few years I believe.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 pm

I am glad your experience has been positive: that seems to be the overwhelming majority.

However, your post is exactly why I never posted my feedback before but believe we should be able to share experiences: good and bad. Just because many have had positive experiences does not mean we cannot share issues either.

Martins complaint is clearly not due to 'busy'!

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Fair enough @mxvx, I guess you are correct and whilst we are happy to see praise lavished we should accept that not all is 100% all of the time. Point taken and I hope I did not offend anyone / put anyone off sharing their issues in a "Thankyou" thread. Maybe we should have an alternate thread / topic?
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

AllyY

Post by AllyY » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:36 am

In at MMC last week for 2nd year service, new rear AD07s supplied and fitted and to get a couple of minor niggles sorted.
Faultless effort from the service team (reception and workshop) - even sorted a scuff to one of the rear wheels FOC - thanks to all involved.
Thanks too to Ian for his hospitality, and for putting up with me making the place look untidy :)
Ally
57 Elise S - Magnetic Blue - (07-14)
14 Elise S CR - Daytona Blue

delands

Post by delands » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Well, its been a nail biting few days as my Elise had a radiator issue at the weekend and am due on a ferry tomorrow!

The technician, Ian at Murray Lotus was looking at putting in a valiant effort to get the confirmed issue, remove the clam on Monday, get the rad out and install the new rad on Tuesday (next day delivery part), put the clam back on and give to me in the evening for my holidays tomorrow.

Unfortunately, due to parts, the car wont be ready for France.

However and more excitingly, the dealership have offered me this for the trip
http://www.murraylotus.co.uk/our-stock ... 1465811330

Am a very happy chappy and cannot thank Murray Lotus enough for their generousity.

By far above more than standard service!
DEL

2020 Lotus Elise - Rob Walker Heritage Edition
2022 Hyundia i10 N-Line (on order)
2019 DS3 Crossback

twinrotor2

Post by twinrotor2 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Great service at Murray motors after a long drive from Aberdeen on the 11th Jan the day that a truck was blown over on the Forth bridge and a detour via Kincardine bridge added nearly two hours to my journey time. The boys pulled all the stops out to get my elise serviced and a mot, car was sent for mot but it failed on a leaking rear strut and would need new or refurbished units, checking with Lotus they could not supply new items or give a date when they would have any, only option was to send them away to Bilstein to get them refurbished. Ian and Nick arranged for a courtesy car to get me back to Aberdeen that day and Nick phoned the following day to say that my rear struts had been sent away to Bilstein's for refurbishment, Nick has phoned weekly to keep me up to date with the struts and got a call on the 30th Jan that they received the struts from Bilstein. Got a call yesterday that all work had been done on the car and that Steve would drive it up to Aberdeen today and drive back to Edinburgh with the courtesy car, must thank all at Murray Motors for an excellent service .
Chrome Orange Elise S

mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 am

:lol: Holy thread Resurrection :damnfunny
Mark MacKenzie

BMW Z4 3.0si, [R14 MMK] To be Ring ready soon

Fancy Ass Merc thingy S [R4 MMK] 85% MacKenzie'd Family Spec

SAJ

Post by SAJ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Lazydonkey wrote:Not a thanks from me......more of a WTF from MMC.

Bought the car from them in 2013 after using them for servicing for years. Servicing went downhill and i eventually started using craig. I was careful not to post any abuse about them and i didn't comment publicly when my car was returned back to me with a hole in the front clam (mainly as they repaired it FOC)

Then last summer I started to get emails from Leven Car Company (The Aston and RR Dealer) and it turns out MMC has sold my details to them as a customer of Aston Martin. Not the biggest issue in the world but a breach of data protection and something i wanted to raise to their attention. Won't go into the details right now but the whole experience was pretty poorly handled from MMC and i asked for them to ensure that no-one from the company contacted me again.

Changed insurance companies a month ago and contacted Brandon to ask for an insurance valuation so that i could supply it, and one from CMC to the insurance company to support my valuation.

This is the email i got in reply.
Good afternoon Martin

There is a note on your customer record noting that you have requested that we have no further contact with you. Therefore, in order to respect your wishes, I am sorry but we are unable to help on this occasion.

Best
Brandon
Interesting approach to customer service. Guess i'll be driving to Carlisle for all my lotus needs :roll:
Been a while since I've read this but I'm surprised you got that response from Brandon. Surely you having contacted them would over rule any note on their system and even if not surely an opportunity to repair any previous damaged relationship. This for me is where MMC go wrong.
Facebook: facebook.com/revlimits1
Instagram: @RevLimits

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Saj - I have been in your shoes before, so I can understand your experience has been expensive, tiring, frustrating etc but life is short, try and forget about it and enjoy your car...

Stewart

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:31 pm

I was down to Edinburgh today to have my car get its annual service. Thank you very much to Nick, John and Ian for all their help and assistance today. Top service indeed and I could not have asked for anything more. It's the little details that keep customers happy and MMC have been good to me over the years. I even got a phone call this morning from John while he was servicing the car regarding a small upgrade. The bigger upgrade which we then went on to talk about would have had been nice too. A small tip from John on tyre pressures kept the car very planted in the wet all the way home. I would still be driving home if I was in my old 111s Elise. The car seemed a touch sharper on the way home, but it was probably my excitement due to the performance and handling. It's a pity that there was snow forecasted for Braemar today, but the journey home was still very enjoyable. Roll on the summer and I am gutted that I will miss next weekends KH day.

Still smiling two years on :thumbsup

Steve.

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

C7Steve wrote:I was down to Edinburgh today to have my car get its annual service. Thank you very much to Nick, John and Ian for all their help and assistance today. Top service indeed and I could not have asked for anything more. It's the little details that keep customers happy and MMC have been good to me over the years. I even got a phone call this morning from John while he was servicing the car regarding a small upgrade. The bigger upgrade which we then went on to talk about would have had been nice too. A small tip from John on tyre pressures kept the car very planted in the wet all the way home. I would still be driving home if I was in my old 111s Elise. The car seemed a touch sharper on the way home, but it was probably my excitement due to the performance and handling. It's a pity that there was snow forecasted for Braemar today, but the journey home was still very enjoyable. Roll on the summer and I am gutted that I will miss next weekends KH day.

Still smiling two years on :thumbsup

Steve.
No snow at Braemar today Steve, but pissed it down all day. Just stopped now :D

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:02 pm

I had my annual service at MMC recently too, dropped my car off last Sunday, quick chat and mooch around the stock with Ian before heading to the bike show at Ingleston. Then collected on Monday evening when I got back from Geneva. E-mail updates from Nick so I knew all was in order including taking winter wheels and tyres off and 'summers' going back on.
No charge as I'm still on 3 years free servicing but made easy by working around my comings and goings to make servicing easy and great comes to keep me up to date. :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora
2020 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Second year service for the car at Murray's yesterday.
All taken care of well, car finished when they said it would be.
Got it back thoroughly cleaned and valeted inside and out (sorry your efforts on cleaning were wasted guys - pissed it down all the way back to Aberdeen.
Very pleased.
Now with half an engine

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 pm

My Evora needed a couple of niggles sorted under warranty and I had been struggling to find time out of my schedule so after a couple of months gave Nick a call and ditched my car with him before I went on 2 weeks holiday. Got a call about a week in to say the car was sorted ready for when I got back. Today I picked the car up with issues sorted, grills and hubs painted and fully cleaned and valeted ready to go. The service from Nick and the guys was fantastic. Really happy customer :thumbsup
2015 Lotus Evora

j2 lot

Post by j2 lot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 pm

3rd service and MOT completed with no issues. Good service and communications, and thanks to the 3 year service plan it was painless with only the MOT and a wiper to pay for when I picked the car up.
Sounds like some interesting times ahead with changes for MMC too.
2015 Lotus Evora