Recommended body shops?

The place to "speak geek"
Dan22h

Recommended body shops?

Post by Dan22h » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 pm

I Don't usually post on here but I'm considering paying someone to finish the bodywork on my S1 Elise motorsport bodied thing (This one; https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php ... 390&page=9 )

I just don't have the time/energy to finish it myself anymore, Having only a single garage has been a massive hindrance from the start and it's been far too long since I actually drove the thing. If anyone could recommend any capable body shops that could undertake such a project in or around Fife/Edinburgh, ideally with experience working on fibreglass cars I would appreciate some details.

cheers

p4ilip

Re: Recommended body shops?

Post by p4ilip » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Maybe a bit far for you but touch ups in Glasgow have painted a couple of elise s1's for me and I was quite happy with the work.

RossM

Post by RossM » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi

Sorry a bit late to this but I have some flaking paint and just moved to Glasgow - could you give me the detail of touch up?

Cheers!

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 am

Have a chat to SAJ as remember the job a local bodyshop did on his Europa was stunning.

Personally I would not touch Willowbrae with a bargepole even though I think they were the recommended body shop for Lotus (don't know if they still are). Terrible job done on my 964 and they have had my Defender for warranty issues and always come out worse than it has gone in. Also heard some horror stories about how they treat customer cars.

George
Last edited by douglasgdmw on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

IanD

Post by IanD » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am

Sure Saj will be on soon.

But SAJ uses Protek in Bathgate, the Evora was also back there before it sold for a front end refresh, pictures on Facebook.
Steve Walker is directly across the road as well but I guess you can't take the car to show them both to get better quotes !

I spoke to both a while back, Protek seemed much better and interested than Steve Walker although I ended up going somewhere much further west (for my porsche).

Willowbrae did a good job on my Lotus previously can understand that may not always be the case.
I'd also avoid JM Accident in Bonnyrigg I had to go back to sort warranty work done for previous owner on a Lotus, but then I would definitely never have picked them in the 1st place.
White Porsche man
1993 968 ClubSport - see it @https://youtu.be/8PnI0VE1B54
2010 Boxster Spyder

RossM

Post by RossM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Cheers gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk