1Answer Insurance

Know a good deal ?
smitstui

1Answer Insurance

Post by smitstui » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:15 pm

I tried all the usual suspects for a decent price this year and it seems to have jumped.

I saw the recommendation on here for 1Answer Insurance and gave them a call. They were significantly cheaper than the others but the level of cover is what won me over.
It included:
6 UK or European Trackdays (plus £100 extra for 6 more at any point during the year)
Nurburgring Cover (20% Excess)
Car Left on Drive overnight (sometimes I am lazy!) - No Extra
Commuting to and from work
60 Days Abroad
Legal Cover
Free Cover for sports exhaust and Air filter

All in All I have to say I am very Impressed.

For a Quote give Ryan a call on 01323 481484 and mention SE.
Last edited by smitstui on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

lou_m

Re: 1Answer Insurance - Thumbs up

Post by lou_m » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 pm

There is quite a heavy excess for Knockhill though. I was about 2.5k for the VX.

smitstui

Re: 1Answer Insurance - Thumbs up

Post by smitstui » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:15 pm

The Excess for KH was more than on other track days but still in the order of 10% for me (around 2k) which is in line with previous policies that I have had.

Other Trackdays are 1.5k except Nurburgring which is 4k. That said I wouldn't do Nurburgring uninsured and thats good enough for me.

Its horses for courses, but they were definitely the best fit for my needs.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

smitstui

Re: 1Answer Insurance - Thumbs up BANKRUPT!!!

Post by smitstui » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Looking for new quote and wondered if they are still competitive. I guess not.........................

Attention Alpha Insurance Policy Holders

On 8 May 2018, the liquidators of the insurance company Alpha Insurance A/S under frivillig likvidation (“under frivillig likvidation” means in voluntary liquidation) filed a petition for bankruptcy. This means that policyholders’ insurance coverage will be terminated as of 8 May 2018.

DDtB
Dodgy Dave the Ba***rd

Re: 1Answer Insurance - ***Bankrupt!!!***

Post by DDtB » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 pm

1Answer aren't bankrupt. Spoke to them yesterday. Elise policies through them are generally underwritten by Equity Red Star, the same as Henderson Taylor.

Still fairly competitive but too many hoops to jump through at renewal, putting the prices up too much and forcing you to call and haggle whilst listening to crap hold music... so I'm off to Reis now.

smitstui

Post by smitstui » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 pm

Ah you are right, Sorry! my mistake. I will change the lead title.

flyingscot68

Re: 1Answer Insurance

Post by flyingscot68 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Tried them last week, pretty useless tbh.

They took ages asking all sorts of questions then never got back to me with a quote.

Just called them, it's over £2000! I'm only £700 with Hendersons

flyingscot68

Re: 1Answer Insurance

Post by flyingscot68 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Tried REIS - very helpful and knowledgeable but the quote was £850.

So went back to Henderson Taylor and got it down to £515 with all the usual trackday cover etc.

I pays to shop around!

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm

DDtB wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 pm
1Answer aren't bankrupt. Spoke to them yesterday. Elise policies through them are generally underwritten by Equity Red Star, the same as Henderson Taylor.

Still fairly competitive but too many hoops to jump through at renewal, putting the prices up too much and forcing you to call and haggle whilst listening to crap hold music... so I'm off to Reis now.
Just renewed with HT - total call duration 52 seconds. I bet the big shots with 50k policies can manage that level of efficiency (but they probably have someone calling for them)