Craig Moncrieff thank you.

The place to post personal experience of Lotus related services and retailers.
campbell

Re: Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by campbell » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Our Club Racer had its first proper visit to The Doc this week. Air con service, fresh tyres, a couple of Lotus-esque niggles and a mini-valet.

All done, no nasty surprises, and a novel solution to the detached front grille

Ready on time and looking good.

Thank you Craig + team.
http://www.rathmhor.com | Coaching, training, consultancy

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Victor Meldrew wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:41 am
jimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:41 am
Just got my S1 back after more than 2 years away with Craig, who didn't moan once that I'd effectively abandoned it until I could get round to sorting it (work / family / finances / time / etc). Once given the nod though, the effort he and his boys put in to sorting everything was ridiculous, and the body shop too for all the front end work and painting (which Craig tells me was just awful, particularly getting the new splitter lined up and fitted to look "right").

There is no way he charged me what he should have and I'm extremely grateful for everything that was done FOC along the way - just imagine if he'd charged me for storing it!

End result is a simply phenomenal looking car now, I couldn't be happier to get it back :thumbsup
Best thing you can do now is put miles on it. Any car that has been off the road for so long will have issues that you won't find until you use it. Craig managed to bring Vicky back from the dead and I am forever grateful for it.
Totally agree mate, found a couple on the drive back up from Edinburgh to Aberdeen but a shakedown was inevitable and absolutely nothing major. Plus he already warned me that the new EP tuning gear cables might need an adjustment once they've been on for a while. Good excuse to go back down 8)

Overall, I'm delighted
S1 Elise 111s

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Oh, forgot to update this. CMC managed to replace my brakes with less than a day notice and even bumped into a couple of issues and still got me home.

Andy G

Post by Andy G » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Big thanks to Monty for fitting me in when prepping the 350 Sport for sale. Even showed me how to refit the hardtop, without me having to figure it out!

All sorted very efficiently, and hugely appreciated.
AMG GT-R
Atom 4
Lotus Esprit S4S
G30 M5 Comp

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:28 am

Well Craig has gone and done it again, went to him with a problem and it is now fixed. Had a few random overheating moments over the last few months. Craig diagnosed it as a thermostat issue, fitted a PRT and a manual fan override switch and problem gone. Temperature is spot on. I can now spank Vicky harder than ever and her temperature stays within a few degrees.

Might have to re name her Tigger for a few months as one of the rear shocks has dropped most of its oil so it has been "bouncy bouncy fun fun fun fun" on the back roads. Craig has organised replacement shocks and new Lotus spec springs for the MOT in December. Top service as ever.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

Kinger

Post by Kinger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Belated big thanks to Craig,

Firstly for arranging a quick turn around ahead of me taking the V6 to Zandvoort and Zolder. it was needing a 3 year service, MOT and an all over spanner check, new tyres fitting and a few other things. All the above carried out in a few days to give me piece of mind on the European trip. The car didn't miss a beat during the trip :D .

Secondly sorting a few things and arranging an MOT at very short notice on the S1 ( an age thing on my part ), previously I had a bad experience trying to get my Blue S1 MOT'd in Aberdeen where the guy tried to tell me the clam had to come off to sort out the seized headlight adjusters. I took the car home, wheel arch liners off and photographed the nylon adjusters which moved freely by hand. Just got a " well mechanic said the were seized". It's worth taking it down to CMC when you know you aren't going to get ripped off.

Thanks Craig

StiflerMR2

Post by StiflerMR2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:59 pm

The Europa was in for its annual service and mot. Craig as always was accommodating and must have missed a few items off the bill!

It's the only place I'd take my car and fwell worth the trip from the toon for piece of mind!

m3rrd

Post by m3rrd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Brake fluid change and new rear discs and pads fitted to the M3, excellent service, very satisfied :D
Rab

S1 111s
Titanium, Raceline, Hurricane.
E92 M3
Mineral White, DCT, Competition pack.
Porsche 964 Carrera 2
White, RS Evocation

BigD

Craig Moncrieff thank you.

Post by BigD » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Another thankyou to Craig for my recent service. Few things picked up that I wouldn't have noticed and all done in a very timely manner.

Thanks Craig. 8)

douglasgdmw

Post by douglasgdmw » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Belated thanks from me as well.

- RS4 swapped over onto winter wheels
- RS4 misting issue - turned out the pollen filter was black (that's Audi garages not doing what they are told with services)
- Defender - Worst of the rattles sorted out - did not let CMC do all the rattles as that would have required an entire bare metal strip down :)

As always - great service.

Even managed to see A4DRK (Dave Kyle) open his wallet while I was there :lol: Not seen that happen very often :wink:

George
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW
Land Rover Defender Puma 90
Land Rover Series 2a softop

mxvx

Post by mxvx » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Additional belated thanks for me! Evora is all good now after some 'substantial' work, shall we say.

Once a solution was agreed a lot of work was completed in 2/3 days and was able to collect on a Saturday morning (difficult during the week).

As above, a fellow Evora owner was also parting with some hard earned!

Stewart

Lazydonkey

Post by Lazydonkey » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am

Another year, another top job from Craig on the evora. Thanks and thanks for looking after the vx and evora for me over the years.

Sadly i'll now be into the clutches of main dealers from now on :(
i3s, Volvo and more pushbikes than strictly necessary.

....did i ever tell you about the Evora and VX220 i used to own?

Shug

Post by Shug » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Cracking service from Craig - this is a longish one!

We'd been scratching our heads about keeping the Evora or swapping to something that's less of a PITA for us to get to service (we're 2.5 hours from CMC on a good day and since having a wee boy, we've just not had time to take a day out to run about the country with cars) After a lot of searching, we decided that there was nothing else that hit the spot for anything like sensible pennies so what we'd thought about piling up for a swap could partly go to getting the Evora back up to snuff.

The list included aircon recomission (just about f*cking all of it), a sump replacement due to corrosion, swapping out rear brakes after the pins got seized in the calipers and I could not shift them, headlamps polish to get that flaking coating off, a larger service and various odds and sods that we didn't actually mention, but he's done anyway (and not loaded on the bill)

We had a window where we could engineer passing CMC on the way to a two night break away for Elaine's birthday and swinging past on the way home to collect. All good, no hassles, planned and sorted.

Craig called me on the second day to give me the good news that the compressor had basically shat itself when powered back up, but he was in the midst of sorting one so we could still pick the car up the next day. No hassle (to us). But the next day we got the call we didn't want, to say the wrong compressor arrived. Craig was already on the case of sorting another replacement - which, incredibly ended up wrong again.

All through this, Craig kept us up to speed, while hemmoraging cash he wouldn't put on the bill to ensure the part arrived as quickly as possible (not sure how many taxis he ordered to shift parts about)

Finally got the car back today (thanks to Campbell for an SE Pony Express run part the way to us) and it's bloody immaculate. It's the small touches like spraying the grilles and all the wee finer details that Craig sorts.

Always been happy with CMC and never moreso than today. Cheers!
2010 Honda VFR1200F
1990 Honda VFR400 NC30
2000 Honda VTR1000 SP1
2000 Kawasaki ZX-7R

c8rkh

Post by c8rkh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:29 am

So the Type116 was put into Craig to get her ready for this year
Full service
Fit Spitfire brace to tighten up rear end
Fit Spitfire VRSA - variable steering arms or the "thingy"
Geo
Fluid changes
Supply and fit Nitrons
New hub carrier bolts
And more

Superb service as always. Great communication. Smaller bill than expected.

The car felt as tight and rattle free as it probably did when it rolled off the production line. The drive home was a relaxed affair through Fife apart from some complete and utter c@nt in a bright green defender going into Cupar. Absolute knob end who lost it when I slowed , in a 30, to let someone turn right across me into a side lane when in a long line of traffic heading down the main road towards Cupar centre. Ho hum.
2001 VX220 SC - Sylvia - with Larini sports exhaust, chargecooler etc.

2018 Evora Sport 410 in Fire Red.

duggiesmith

Post by duggiesmith » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Great work by Craig and his team again :thumbsup
I dropped off the car on Monday for it's annual check up. The handling had been interesting to say the least (losing traction on the M90 in the wet was the highlight :shock: )
After giving it the once over, new dampers, rear brakes and a new bearing were fitted.
He also refitted the n/s headlight unit which hadn't been sitting right for a few years. The o/s headlight was also removed and polished and new CMC number plates fitted.

Despite being incredibly busy, it was still turned around in 2 days and, as always, Craig still managed to find time to go over everything and have a bit of a chinwag.

The car now handles like a dream again and looks the biz too :D
Duggie

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can add up and those that can't.

Aubergine Elise S